STEC 30 LED Lighting Intensity

Drumstick

Logged one night flight using the STEC 30.  The manual states

"The aircraft lighting rheostat controls the A/P systems light intensity"

With my installation, this apparently is not the case and the green and blue indicator lights are like having a miniature sun in the cockpit. 

Anyone else out there have this "problem" and if so what was the fix?

I found the wiring diagram.  It shows a connection to the rheostat.  My assumption will be that it is not connected and I will just carry a roll of electric tape to cover the lights on night flights until the time comes to open the panel and upgrade antennas etc for ADS-B.

I was reluctant to bitch to my installer about this - I'm now glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue.  The rheostat must be connected on mine - it does dim both the light for the TC (which is too dim overall)  and the mode indicator LEDs (which remain too bright overall).  I'd be curious to hear if anyone has a solution.