East Coast Mooney Caravan Formation Clinic

gyrene

Mooniacs;

The Mid Atlantic Group of the Mooney Caravan (MAG) will host a 2017 East Coast Regional Mooney Caravan Clinic scheduled for the weekend of 23-25 June (rain dates of 8 or 15 July) at KLYH (Lynchburg, VA).  The Clinic will provide mentoring and qualification to new and returning pilots to fly the Mooney Caravan to AirVenture 2017 at OSH.

The schedule is to arrive at KLYH NLT 1100 on Friday, 23 June, with that afternoon devoted to ground school and demo flights.  Returning Caravanners are encouraged to attend the ground school as a refresher.  Qualification/training flights are scheduled for Saturday extending into Sunday according to individual requirements.  Please use this link to register:

Click Here to Register for LYH Caravan Clinic

You will be met at the FBO, attend the ground school and a demo flight, then scheduled transportation will take you to the Fairfield Inn.  You need only show up, we’ll do the rest.  Expect a registration fee of $80 for a really nice tee shirt, lunches, and to cover incidentals and gratuities for the hotel/FBO staff.  We have some great dinner events planned.

We selected KLYH as it offers a centralized location, 150’ runway, control tower, no restrictive airspace, proximity to the hotel (5 minutes), and most importantly, a courtesy van.  Restaurants are within walking distance, and we have negotiated a reduced rate ($109) at the Fairfield Inn. Use this link to reserve your room:

Book your group rate for Mooney Pilots

Be advised that there are a limited number of Kings and Queens available so you would be best served by reserving early if you want a choice.

The Mooney Caravan offers a unique opportunity to learn a new flying skill, become a more proficient pilot, make friends with a like-minded group of pilots, and fly a formation mass-arrival at OSH.  This is serious fun, and I encourage you to explore this opportunity.  We will be in touch with you closer to the event with more details, but in the meantime if you have any questions or just want to discuss the Caravan please call me at 703-304-7406 or email at jpr6353@comcast.net.

Jim  Rigoulot

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, mccdeuce said:

I'm interested in joining but not sure I will make OSH. 

(Pretty sure I won't be able to actually) 

but would still like to join for the clinic if that's ok?

Mark, and anyone else, I understand from Lee Fox that as of today there is room for 2 or 3 more newbies. I told Lee that I would pass that info on and see if we can't fill the slots. Lots of fun with good guys and gals and I think you'll learn something. There are some minimum experience requirements so visit http://www.mooneycaravan.com/ where most questions can be answered and you can register. There's a block of rooms at the Fairfield Inn near the airport. Check out the OP above for more details.

• 2 months later...

Nancy and I will be heading to LYH in a few minutes! Looking forward to a fun weekend. 

MOONEY CARAVAN LYH JUNE 23-25

BASIC FORMATION CLINIC SCHEDULE

Friday

1000-1130       Arrive KLYH, park/fuel/tie down your aircraft (if not flying demo), register

1130-1230       Catered lunch – meet and greet

1230-1430       Newbie Formation Ground School, Q&A (Conference Room)

1300-1400       SP & Lead meeting (Pilot Lounge)

1430-1500       Exercises, Walk throughs, Ramp visit

1500 sharp      Briefings for individual demo flights

1530-1630       Demo flights (newbies are observers)

1700                Van departs for hotel

1815                Van departs hotel for Macadoos

1830                Dinner at Macadoos

Saturday

0800                Mandatory briefing in Hotel Boardroom

0830                1st Van departs hotel for KLYH

0900-1600       Formation Practice - Lunch (provided)

1630                1st Van departs KLYH for hotel

1700                Last van departs KLYH for hotel

1800                1st Van departs hotel for dinner at Shakers Restaurant

1820                Last van departs hotel for dinner at Shakers Restaurant

1815-??           Dinner at Shakers

Sunday

0800                Mandatory briefing in Hotel Boardroom

0830                Checkout / Van departs hotel for KLYH

0845-1045       Formation Practice

1100                Briefing for mass formation (Conference Room)

1130                Mass formation rehearsal

1230                Debrief

1300-??           Optional Formation Practice (including 4-ship, advanced)

• Like 1