EAA Ford Trimotor Rides

EAA Chapter 170, SBP, had an oh so gratifying experience this last weekend, as we supported this event here at the San Luis Obispo airport.

It's such a terrific event!  If you do have the opportunity to partake in this event at your field, I strongly suggest in participating.

Seeing great grins on the faces of young, old and everyone in between is priceless.

And, from some of the folks of the same vintage as the Trimotor, you'll hear by far the best stories!

Also, this event affords you to one on one, help educate the person on the street, as to the values of aviation, and specifically the values of general aviation to all.

We even had folks come out that live near the airport and have registered complaints over the years!  No complaining now, just joy and admiration expressed for the event.

A great time was had by all!!!!

IMG_1517.JPG

I got a ride on it last summer when they were in SoDak.  Definitely fun and interesting.   Their route flew over my brother's house, and, yeah, they were flying that thing over that route constantly for a couple of days.   Very cool.   Highly recommended.