Who's going to Sun n Fun?

mooneygirl

I will be headed to Lakeland, FL for the first time to partake in Sun n Fun.  Who else is going?  Anything that is "not to miss?"  I will have a few presentations I am doing for AOPA, but other than that foot loose and fancy free.  Let me know if you are going... maybe we can have a Mooney Space dinner.

I am staying in Tampa with my brother and driving in.

Fun times ahead!

1 hour ago, rbridges said:

we went last year.  I had a really good time.  Saw what I could in a day.  Flew into zephyr hills so that I could leave when I wanted.  The airshows last year were pretty cool.  I was really impressed with the F22.

Rob, how did you get to LAL? Rent a car or did they have some type of shuttle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bravoman said:

Rob, how did you get to LAL? Rent a car or did they have some type of shuttle?

rental car.  pretty easy, and they set up a table at the FBO b/c of the overflow.  The fuel is also very reasonable.  I believe it's about a 30 minute drive.

• Like 1

Flying into KBOW again on Saturday or Sunday this year, working in our Lakeland office Monday and hitting the show Tuesday and Wednesday before it gets wall to wall with people. Hopefully get the corporate condo (if we haven't sold it) or stay with friends. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oldguy said:

Flying into KBOW again on Saturday or Sunday this year, working in our Lakeland office Monday and hitting the show Tuesday and Wednesday before it gets wall to wall with people. Hopefully get the corporate condo (if we haven't sold it) or stay with friends. 

I could make sure the corporate condo is well taken care of for the later part of the week.:ph34r:

• Like 2

Another option for close to Tampa and LAL is Vandenberg  ( now Tampa Exec), right off I-4 close to the Hard Rock. Not the little clubby field it was back in the 80s when I learned to fly there, but still a place close to my heart. There is also plant city not far from there.

• Like 1

Oh oh--SnF is the same time as Maxwell AFB's first airshow since 2010. April 8 the Tbirds will perform, and the French AF demo team.

I'm torn . . . Maxwell is less than an hour's drive; trying to find the hoops to jump through for 15 Mooney minute ride instead.

Jolie, I'll be there at the beginning of the week.  I'll probably airline into TPA & rent a car like last year. I'll look for ya! Good seeing you at the AOPA Fly-in at Prescott, AZ last year.  Hopefully I'll also get to rendezvous with Capt. Mike Elliott! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mooney_Allegro said:

Jolie, I'll be there at the beginning of the week.  I'll probably airline into TPA & rent a car like last year. I'll look for ya! Good seeing you at the AOPA Fly-in at Prescott, AZ last year.  Hopefully I'll also get to rendezvous with Capt. Mike Elliott! 

David, just give me a ring! I should be around the Silverwings cabin as I volunteer to help them every year (driving friends around in a golf cart :) ), or at the SAFE booth, or doing a FAAsteam presentation, or harassing Dirk Vanderzee or Richard Simile at the Mooney Booth

• Like 2

We are flying into Zephyrhills on 4/1.  Will be staying with friends who winter in the area.  Going to Fantasy of Flight on the 2nd.  We went there 4 years ago but were only able to spend 2 hours there.  Kermit Weeks has too much stuff to even see in a day.  We will be at SnF on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptRJM said:

We are flying into Zephyrhills on 4/1.  Will be staying with friends who winter in the area.  Going to Fantasy of Flight on the 2nd.  We went there 4 years ago but were only able to spend 2 hours there.  Kermit Weeks has too much stuff to even see in a day.  We will be at SnF on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday.

Is it back open to the public?

I'll be flying down Friday morning and leaving Sunday. I just bought an air mattress and lantern today. I have a 10-person tent as well. I'm getting excited as I've been going for 10 years and this is my first that I'll be flying in. I'll be parking in vintage and will be making a MooneySpace t-shirt.

• Like 4