MSC in South Florida?

John Mininger

I've used Sarasota on numerous occasions, but their shop in Lantana, not Venice. They've always done a great job but one has to be careful with their estimates.

Not familiar with LPC, but Premier at Ft Lauderdale Executive has a very good reputation - but it doesn't come cheap.

Just now, Bravoman said:

I've heard great things about Phil Jimenez at Avon Park. Not technically an msc but I understand he used to work at one and is factory trained.

I probably should have mentioned Phil but thought John was looking specifically for a MSC.

We use Phil for our annuals and I highly recommend him.

Just now, flyboy0681 said:

I probably should have mentioned Phil but thought John was looking specifically for a MSC.

We use Phil for our annuals and I highly recommend him.

From all the glowing recommendations I've heard I would love to give him a try. Wish he was located a bit more conveniently for me; seems like it might be hard to coordinate transportation for an annual out of Avon Park even though we have a place in St Augustine.

Just now, Bravoman said:

From all the glowing recommendations I've heard I would love to give him a try. Wish he was located a bit more conveniently for me; seems like it might be hard to coordinate transportation for an annual out of Avon Park even though we have a place in St Augustine.

You may want to run that past him. He has a policy that if you pick him up, he will fly you home and then return the plane to Avon Park. St Augustine may be a bit out of the way for him, but you never know. He loves free time in Mooney's.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Yep, while I have never had Daytona do any work personally, I have witnessed 3 planes that Jake's crew did prebuy/annuals on and I was impressed with his integrity and quality. He was very professional in his dealings with them. Daytona Aircraft service also donated an annual to the Mooney Summit's silent auction last year

Yep, while I have never had Daytona do any work personally, I have witnessed 3 planes that Jake's crew did prebuy/annuals on and I was impressed with his integrity and quality. He was very professional in his dealings with them. Daytona Aircraft service also donated an annual to the Mooney Summit's silent auction last year

Thanks Mike, since I will be based at Spruce Creek it is nice that Daytona Aircraft Services also has a location there. I am also exploring use of PJ Airservices at Avon, while not an MSC, PJ seems to have a great reputation among FL Mooney owners.
Hank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Although not technically a MSC, I'd give a huge +1 to Arnold Holmes out of Leesburg (KLEE). He runs a shop called AvMech and is very Mooney proficient (he is completely restoring his M20E ground-up).

Thanks Raptor, I will also research Arnold.
Hank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk