G1000 PFD Start up Error

Iceman10c

I've got an error that just popped up on the PFD start up. Has anyone seen this error before? This is a newly purchased airplane, PFD was working just fine when we put the airplane through it's paces. Stopped in the hangar today to show a friend the airplane and this is what showed up on the PFD.

I apologize for the picture, I tried rotating it but... to no avail.

20170212_123715.jpg

Edited by Iceman10c
attachment

Iceman, have you  just updated the unit with the data cards. You need to ensure your update the MFD and PFD properly. I'll check my manuals for error codes and see if that pops up. If David/Deb is around they most likely know.

Don't bother calling Garmin, they are just going to tell you to take it to a Garmin dealer, there is nothing that can be done by the end user to fix that.  I am one, and we are very fluent in G1000.  That's a system kernel panic, you probably have a GIA with a bad boot block.  Thats going to require at least one GIA to be sent to Garmin, probably both.  Did the MFD boot at all?

Here's a video of the start up sequence. In this video the PFD eventually boots.

No issues with the MFD.

You'll see though that there are several alerts that have me perplexed.

It is really odd that this has happened. We had the airplane flown in for a pre-buy inspection. Everything worked just fine. It has not left the hangar since the pre-buy and now this is what happens on turning the master switch on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Edited by Iceman10c

1 hour ago, Iceman10c said:

Here's a video of the start up sequence. In this video the PFD eventually boots.

No issues with the MFD.

You'll see though that there are several alerts that have me perplexed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Did you update the SD cards from the fly Garmin website?  It looks like the obstacle database is mismatched.  You may need to put the obstacle update on the PFD card and not rely on the MFD crosstalk to update assuming you have .34 software. Autopilot is off so that's probably the data path fail.  About two cycles ago I had an update pushed to the SD card from flygarmin that updated the GMU that apparently comes around once in a few years.  I was at an avionics shop when I updated the databases and they had to manually push through the GMU update.  Just a novice pilot, hope this helps.

Russ

• Like 1

You are in a hangar, GPS reception is blocked. Try that outside and turn your autopilot on.  All of those errors should go away except the database mismatch.  That can be resolved as Txbyker suggested.  However, none of that has anything to do with the kernel panic on initial startup.  That needs to be looked at.  It may just require the system software to be reloaded.  

• Like 1

I have had the same problem with mine, as a matter of fact when I picked it up from the avionics shop after the wass upgrade along with the 345R it happened. I am not sure of the exact same errors but the list of errors is about the same length. I've had this happen a few times but it seems to resolve it self quickly except the last time a few weeks ago it must have taken at least 2 to 3 minutes going back and forth from the error page to the PFD screen. I don't remember if I shut the autopilot off on shutdown as I usually do but I think I will now start to leaving the autopilot on as Jake recommends and see if it happens again.