1988 252 with Encore upgrade

N252MK

Hmmm Looks like the link only shows pictures. So I'll give details as I recall off the top of my head: 1750 tsmoh. Encore upgrade: TSIO360-SB, 220 hp on TO, gtn 750, CNS80, Aspen, gtx 330, century 1000, tks inadvertent ice, 170kts TAS on 14.2, GAMI's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course that is one thought we've had and is still a consideration. But there are some nice And newer Bravos out there with FIKI and although the 252 is really the best of the Mooney line in my opinion a Bravo would be nice to own as well if a screaming deal came along.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I have also argued that the Encore is the best of the breed, so you are not alone.
What is your UL? Was it FIKI before the conversion?
good luck with your sale.
df

Thanks. We're putting it on the market for 145k. Figure it's a tradeoff between needing to do the engine soon but having a panel that needs little to nothing.

I have also argued that the Encore is the best of the breed, so you are not alone.
What is your UL? Was it FIKI before the conversion?
good luck with your sale.
df

UL is something little like 800# however the best part is with the Encore you almost never need to think about gross weight issues or w & b. We're not FIKI. We didn't want to spend the extra 10K when we put the TKS on and we only have one alternator. Asking price is 145K.

With such a beautiful airplane why not just put in a new engine and fly on?
Clarence

Well it's slightly complicated. My old airplane partner wants out. I found a new partner but he wants a newer bravo. Especially one with FIKI. I'm okay with ANY Mooney even thigh the Encore is the best of the lot.

After talking with at least one broker (and more discussion on the way) it sounds reasonable to lower our sale price to 125,000. You will need to do an overhaul on engine and prop but refurbished the plane would be worth 200k. Panel and TKS are best selling points.

UL is something little like 800# however the best part is with the Encore you almost never need to think about gross weight issues or w & b. We're not FIKI. We didn't want to spend the extra 10K when we put the TKS on and we only have one alternator. Asking price is 145K.

I actually got around to studying the logbooks. The useful load is 1050 pounds not 800. Better not to trust my memory on these things! Just shows that I rarely had to think about w&b fir 95% of my flights.

Henry

On 3/2/2017 at 11:48 PM, N252MK said:

I actually got around to studying the logbooks. The useful load is 1050 pounds not 800. Better not to trust my memory on these things! Just shows that I rarely had to think about w&b fir 95% of my flights.

Henry

Wow. That is an impressive UL for that model.

4 minutes ago, N252MK said:

That's why real Mooney aficionados say the Encore is the best Mooney out there. But it does depend on how and what you use your Mooney for.

You got the first sentence right Henry. But you should have stopped there! :)

• Like 1

Ok I have to ask what is the budget to overhaul the engine and prop? I have my bonanza N35 for sale and if this is still available when mine sells, I might be interested. Having not overhauled a turbo engine or a CS prop I am guessing 40k?