Uh oh

flyboy0681

1 hour ago, daver328 said:

My assertion is that this thread is almost entirely political in nature:

1) The poster asserted our President was going to take away our AFS-B. 

2) Then engaged in a political comparison to the previous administration... 

3) then the thread morphed into complaining about our President's travel, TFRs with political references to taxpayer cost and others criticism of the previous administration... 

4) I don't know what this false claim, political rhetoric and complaints about TFRs has to do with an avionics panel discussion? 

because I responded in kind, of a political nature - I have been given a warning, a point (whatever that means?) my post has been removed, but the poster's political posts have been allowed:

I noticed the poster is not a supporter, which I am.

MooneySpace was fine before I got here, and I'm sure it'll be just fine without my contributions, financial and otherwise. 

You may recall, I did just fine researching, inspecting, purchasing and upgrading our Mooney before I ever discovered MooneySpace? I'm sure we'll be just fine too.

Bye guys.

Knowing Dave, a C owner, an airline pilot, and a serious Christian, I suspect he does not bluff. I for one will miss him on MS.   

• Like 2

I have enjoyed Dave's posts. I hate to lose him.

I have no idea which side he is on politically, and have no idea what he said to get crossways with whoever made the decision. But it appears to me this is the result of getting started on political crap. I never respond to political statements and would suggest everyone do the same. Or better yet, think before you post something which has a political tone.

I appealed to Dave as well. He's a great asset here and I'm hoping he listens to our pleas. 

If any of my posts offended anyone here, please accept my sincerest apologies. I can assure you it won't happen again. I promised myself that I won't take any bait nor post anything that can be construed as political and will keep my comments to the subject matter.

Mike

8 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

Well, after last nights incident down here, I'm willing to bet that this plan will be scrapped. Some flying turkey appears to have violated the TFR and jets were scrambled. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/military-planes-create-loud-booming-sound-south-florida/story?id=45575018

Wait, Jets scrambled for GA aircraft? Oh they were F15s...that's good!  I have it on good authority from the NTSB and the Air Force that F16s can't pick up slow moving GA aircraft on radar.  You would not want to scramble F16s as they would have to rely solely on the visual to intercept the bogey.  I guess they could have ATC vector them right "through" I mean "to" the target...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, daver328 said:

My assertion is that this thread is almost entirely political in nature:

1) The poster asserted our President was going to take away our AFS-B. 

2) Then engaged in a political comparison to the previous administration... 

3) then the thread morphed into complaining about our President's travel, TFRs with political references to taxpayer cost and others criticism of the previous administration... 

4) I don't know what this false claim, political rhetoric and complaints about TFRs has to do with an avionics panel discussion? 

because I responded in kind, of a political nature - I have been given a warning, a point (whatever that means?) my post has been removed, but the poster's political posts have been allowed:

I noticed the poster is not a supporter, which I am.

MooneySpace was fine before I got here, and I'm sure it'll be just fine without my contributions, financial and otherwise. 

You may recall, I did just fine researching, inspecting, purchasing and upgrading our Mooney before I ever discovered MooneySpace? I'm sure we'll be just fine too.

Bye guys.

This would be unfortunate. I hope you will reconsider.

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Dave

I got one of those "points" as well for a post I made  and my post was removed etc etc.  I also have no idea who makes the decision as to whether it's political or not (mine definitely was though and was about Brexit). 

Please please don't go.  When I got the email with my point and chastisement,  I too fumed, spat ranted and raved and wanted to leave and sod you all to hell etc etc    Then I sat down phoned a friend and ranted at him and he said "If you leave who is it really going to hurt. You or the admins?".    He was right. I stayed and have enjoyed posting since.  

Take a deep breath, ignore the admonishment.    Put it behind you and come back to your friends.  

I for one will be mortified if you leave, I love reading your posts. 

Hige hugs

Andrew

i tried to send this to you as a dm but it didn't let me. 

Andrew, very well said, I hope that he will reconsider as well.

• Like 1