Mixing Massive with Fine Wire

Tommy

Hi all!

I am up for a long flying holiday (25 hours+ of flying) and am getting my away-home tool / spare part kits ready (mostly based on Mike Busch's webinar). I have couple of spare massive in good condition removed when I replaced them with fine wire. My question is if *knock on wood* I need to replace a spark plug, can I replace it with massive, mixing with fine wire? If so do I need to replace both in the same cylinder or I can just replace one? I know it's okay to have top or bottom 4 massive and the other 4 fine wire. 

Cheers

Tom

14 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Hi Tommy, i have no idea in answer to your question but your mike Bisch video intrigues me.  Can you post a lonk please as i have a long trip planned over the summer as well.

Andrew

See Notar Pilot's reply. Note that Mike flies a twin and therefore has a lot more storage space thaN we do and he is a certified mechanics so he can do a lot more that we are allowed to!

Fine wires are fine, long life, no carbon build up or very little.  (Three years going and still clean) Mix and match no prob.

As a side note, if funds are limited,  consider Gami's instead of fine wires. My cht's and egt's were even even after gami installation.

Adjusted the governor for another 50rpm and although not exactly a Saturn five launch, take off performance and climb greatly enhanced.

That's why we fly Mooneys!!

• 2 weeks later...