So Happy

Yetti

Had some ratchets that needed to be rebuilt for 5 years. Some of my grandfathers screwdrivers got some new blades.  And I  bought a new #2 phillps.   $20.00

Was driving out I-10 and saw him at a shop.  Had to make it happen, was only several minutes late to the meeting

snap-on.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

If you need to put a wrench on a screwdriver you're doing something wrong.

Clarence

*If you use a brand new bit so it doesn't slip* it can be a lifesaver to get serious torque on a stubborn / corroded screw. Mainly used for loosening rather than tightening. Even a square shank screwdriver can be helped out by a small open end wrench to break loose a touch screw. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

I've used Snap On ratcheting screwdrivers since they came out, worn a few out.  Sorry but I've never needed to add a wrench to a screwdriver.

Clarence

I have a non ratcheting one that takes bits and has a hex on the shank. Mainly done with fixed bit screwdrivers like Yetti's above that have the hex profiling at the base of the shank. 

I understand that some screwdrivers have a hexagonal portion and I understand what it's intended use is.  In more than 30 years in aircraft maintenance I've never had a need to add a wrench to my screwdriver.  I've managed to twist off Apex and Snap On bits without a wrench.

Clarence

Hi Yetti,
Great tools. This is my single favorite SnapOn tool for aviation. Beautifully strong fine ratchet. Think I purchased in 1990...still going strong on the 2nd ratchet mechanism:

IMG_2106.JPG.593ea18e03487d2513b5d9c893ed5f3f.JPG

That is the best screwdriver ever made! I've got a couple...one for home/garage and one for the hangar.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like the ratchet screw drivers.  The professionals that I work with use the palm/T handle snap on ratchets.   The straight ones you can still do the spin in the palm/finger tip spin to speed things up :-) If I did it every day, I would probably have more ratchets.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, M20Doc said:

I've used Snap On ratcheting screwdrivers since they came out, worn a few out.  Sorry but I've never needed to add a wrench to a screwdriver.

Clarence

Not on an airplane, but there is life outside the airport fence where things are not so nice!

On 2/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, thinwing said:

Ok..I was just pointing out little details that make a product great...nobody says you have to use them!

There are those that put a wrench to the driver, and those that strip and drill out.  Then there are those that do both....

these days, I opt early for the wrench!

• Like 1