Wha is "EBB Disc"?

JCD

Newer Mooney Owner and Just got asked a question by my Flight Instructor on what the "EBB Disc" Switch is for?  Its not in my POH...I have no idea what is does.  Any help would be much appreciated. See attached picture.

Thanks

JCD

IMG_5972.JPG

15 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

That switch have a bridge in the centre.  You would have to pull the knob aft slightly to overcome the bridge.  It prevents accidental activation, very aviation.

Clarence

Yes it has a bridge in the middle.

There are few non standard things in that photo.  Even the standard things have been remounted and relabeled...

The antenna connection for a portable is a pretty wise idea.

You can always check the logs to see what was installed.  Often the POH has any updates for user manuals like what that EBB switch may be.

Some odd switches come with the various APs that are installed in Mooneys.  Expect a trio of Aspens to have at least one interesting switch.

Two odd switches that often appear...  Go Around, and something else related to going onto the missed approach.

Probably a wise idea to test the switch on the ground first or ask your favorite instrument person to find out what it is. :)

If nothing else, chase the wires to see what box they go to...

flashing updated light beacons with various inter connects may have a switch...

Are you familiar with all the battery back-ups/procedures for your plane?  Important to know when flying in IMC.

PP ideas, not a CFII.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

You don't have a 2nd battery by chance: Emergency Backup Battery, possibly for a glass avionics?

ah Teejay beat me too it. Iam guess its an EBB-58 Emergency Battery Backup power for your Aspen.

What's the prize for Teejay?

11 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

What's the "disc" stand for, Paul?  I gots to know. :)

Jim

You nailed it as "disconnect". They are labeled as DISC & NORM or ISOLATE and NORM. In the NORM position they provide backup power to the Aspen when need be, in Isolate or DISC the backup system is removed/isolated/disconnected. :) Here is diagram. I've never used one myself, just seen them in clients aircraft with multi-panel Aspen installations.EBB-58.thumb.jpeg.624f856ddc8c50af6984daed27eb683f.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

There is a lot of glass in your avatar.  Are you all electric?  What would the "disc" refer to, though?  Disconnect?  

Yes I am all electric.  No Vacuum system at all.

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

You nailed it as "disconnect". They are labeled as DISC & NORM or ISOLATE and NORM. In the NORM position they provide backup power to the Aspen when need be, in Isolate or DISC the backup system is removed/isolated/disconnected. :) Here is diagram. I've never used one myself, just seen them in clients aircraft with multi-panel Aspen installations.EBB-58.thumb.jpeg.624f856ddc8c50af6984daed27eb683f.jpeg

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

Bravo!

• Like 1