New "Rants and Raves" Forum

mooniac58

Hello all,

At the request of a user I have added a new Rants and Raves forum.  You can use this forum to discuss things like politics and religion which is not allowed elsewhere.  Other forum rules apply such as you cannot be flat out nasty to another member, etc.

If you cannot take the heat in this forum, please refrain from using it.

In the future if users post things not allowed in other forums they will be moved here and the offending user(s) will still be penalized as normal.

Thanks.

• Like 1

We ought to have a protest (don't forget the fire bombs!) for free airplane parts! My God aviation is an inalienable right. Those rich SOBs like Trump make so much money that they don't even care what their airplane parts cost, but us poor working stiffs have to slave all week working for the man just to scrape together enough cash to keep our poor airplanes airworthy! We are entitled to airworthy airplanes without worrying from one day to the next where we are going to get our next AMU! Free parts for the working man! Anybody that owns a Boeing should pay $100.00/gal fuel tax to pay for our little AMUs.

• Like 2

I would just like to say I was WRONG WRONG WRONG about GaGa's half time performance.  She was awesome and set a standard that will be extremely difficult for anyone to match.  She was uplifting and celebrated with a diverse cast of characters that emphasized all that is GOOD about this country.  The game was the most entertaining SuperBowl ever and as a Packer fan I understand what Ryan and his Hawks and their legion of fans are feeling today.  They had a great season and bested the Pack twice...but ran into a living legend that showed "It ain't over until it is over"....W.O.W.

• Like 1

I hope this forum works out okay.  I saw a politics and religion subforum seriously wreck a discussion forum that previously was a WONDERFUL forum.  People that interacted beautifully before that subforum found themselves on the opposite sides of political and religious issues and lost their willingness to help each other.  It was very sad to watch.  I have been so impressed with the folks on this forum.  I hope the rant and rave has no negative effects toward the common bond we have with our airplanes.

• Like 7

I also apologize to my northern friends for all past, present and likely future transgressions.  I bought enough of them beers in Myrtle Beach back in the day as they were snow-birding (like me) back in the day when I had more hair on my head than my back...

To their and our betters across the Pond I say stiff upper lip and all that rot...

I totally respect those that wish to NOT participate...EXCEPT when they keep coming toward the flame like moths to say how awful it is instead of simply choosing NOT to tune in.  Just stay away.  You can do it.  You can not be "hurt" by what you don't see.  The last "outside" thread had over 1500 views before it disappeared.  TOPS.  A good percentage were gawkers and complainers that just couldn't and wouldn't stay away.

It's going to be epic...

Or not.

19 minutes ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

I would just like to say I was WRONG WRONG WRONG about GaGa's half time performance.  She was awesome and set a standard that will be extremely difficult for anyone to match.  She was uplifting and celebrated with a diverse cast of characters that emphasized all that is GOOD about this country.  The game was the most entertaining SuperBowl ever and as a Packer fan I understand what Ryan and his Hawks and their legion of fans are feeling today.  They had a great season and bested the Pack twice...but ran into a living legend that showed "It ain't over until it is over"....W.O.W.

Sorry to break it to you but...
http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/06/lady-gaga-super-bowl-halftime-show-jump/

37 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

I hope this forum works out okay.  I saw a politics and religion subforum seriously wreck a discussion forum that previously was a WONDERFUL forum.  People that interacted beautifully before that subforum found themselves on the opposite sides of political and religious issues and lost their willingness to help each other.  It was very sad to watch.  I have been so impressed with the folks on this forum.  I hope the rant and rave has no negative effects toward the common bond we have with our airplanes.

IMHO, I think it's a bad idea. This is a Mooney forum where pilots, mechanics, and many others come to talk about Mooney. It's not a forum for religion / politics / economics / social issues. There are plenty of those already on the web serving specifically those purposes.

What this particular forum will do is to divide us based on our racial / political / religious / social background. Sooner or later, members will be niched and prejudiced against.

This is an unnecessary distraction on an otherwise excellent and informative forum called Mooneyspace!

• Like 5

Just now, Tommy said:

IMHO, I think it's a bad idea. This is a Mooney forum where pilots, mechanics, and many others come to talk about Mooney. It's not a forum for religion / politics / economics / social issues. There are plenty of those already on the web reserved specifically for this purpose.

I think the idea is that if you hide all of your mouse traps behind the furniture, you won't have to see them all over the place.

• Like 1

Great . . . PoA's "Spin Zone" is being resurrected here . . . Clearly I will not be offended, as I will never go there. You folks who use the "Show New Threads" option need to pay attention to what you click on!  No whining!! 

Edited by Hank

Please promise me nobody will say anything substantive about Mooneys or flying on this forum. I generally read all the posts, because thread drift often puts stuff I want to know about under various names and headings. I really will not miss the politics and personal attacks.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, 201er said:

She still had to jump head first to do the taping.  I give her props for trusting the equipment.  I was calculating the amount of line needed to get down from there.   Too long and too much time.

10 minutes ago, Yetti said:

She still had to jump head first to do the taping.  I give her props for trusting the equipment.  I was calculating the amount of line needed to get down from there.   Too long and too much time.

Nah, it could easily be filmed green screen with her jumping onto a pad . . . You don't really think the stadium would be OK with untrained people up top with no safety gear, do you? Think of the liability!

32 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

Please promise me nobody will say anything substantive about Mooneys or flying on this forum. I generally read all the posts, because thread drift often puts stuff I want to know about under various names and headings. I really will not miss the politics and personal attacks.

Well said Don.

Is there some way to block the new forum entirely? I generally view Mooneyspace on the Tapatalk app reading all the new posts as they appear.

If I have to carefully screen everything to avoid the bullshit and animosity I'll likely make fewer visits here.

I'm very sorry to see MS taking this path. There is so much GOOD and UNIQUE here. If I want to "Rant and Rave" there are thousands of other websites for that purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Just now, cnoe said:

Is there some way to block the new forum entirely? I generally view Mooneyspace on the Tapatalk app reading all the new posts as they appear.

If I have to carefully screen everything to avoid the bullshit and animosity I'll likely make fewer visits here.

I'm very sorry to see MS taking this path. There is so much GOOD and UNIQUE here. If I want to "Rant and Rave" there are thousands of other websites for that purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Especially when you see the crap over on the Pilots of America site. I won't be participating either. I tried to figure out if Tapatalk can screen it out but I don't see any options to do so.