New pup

bonal

We took Magneto for his first flight today just a local trip around our area climbed to 5500 and flew for a half hour.  My wife noticed him getting a bit sick so she got in the back seat and got a bag ready. We made the landing and wasn't till we were rolling ou that he got sick. But he did good for his first flight. We will get him up again soon.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Here's my girls.  Cupid is the big white fuzzy white samoyed, and she is an old lady now - 10.  She's about 75lbs.

Strava is the little one - she's about 9 months and 14 lbs so she will stay a little dog.  I'm thinking of getting Strava one of those doggy co-pilot faux aviator jackets and bringing her along.IMG_0337.thumb.JPG.d6fa80c81d50b851ef482b184407ffe7.JPG

IMG_5191.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, aviatoreb said:

Hey!  You fixed my puppy!

I never realized that Chris was a vet, nor that surgery could be done over the Internet . . . 

Good looking good little fellow, though. Should be a great fit in your backseat, like my little 9-pounder. Sorry, no photos on my new tablet yet.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On February 11, 2017 at 4:03 PM, amillet said:

Our rescue dog Rasta.  First flight she tried to crawl in my lap on take off.  

image.jpeg

Sadly Rasta  passed away last night. We think she was about 13.  Normal day until 7:30 PM.  She was lying under the kitchen table where two grandkids had been eating.  She got up and walked around the end of the table and had difficulty walking with some bladder leakage. Brenda got her outside onto the lawn where she laid down and was very weak and lethargic.  Our next door neighbor is a recently retired vet who came and examined her.  First suspected a stroke, but then internal bleeding when pulse was weak.  The nearest animal hospital that was open was 1.5 hour drive.  X-Ray revealed massive internal bleeding probably from ruptured spleen.  She passed peacefully just as we had made the decision to put her to sleep.  Life is fleeting and precious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

That is such sad news so very sorry to read that. Hopeful you will find another that makes you as happy. I alway feel good knowing we saved Magneto from the shelter and are able to give him a home and all the love and attention he deserves. Our last flight his second he did great but my wife did mention he looked a little off while I was letting her friend fly the plane. 

image.jpeg

Dogs decline quickly.  Hardest thing I ever did was put down my little Moogie dog.  It was her time, but that didn't help any.

My compliments to the OP for naming a dog after a Johnny Quest character.  There's a Newfoundland in the neighborhood named Race.

I've been told that dogs do about as well in the airplane as they do in the car.  For that reason I keep my boy dog Kurzon far from the Mooney.  There's hope for my little Lhasa Phyzzbyn, though.

8 hours ago, steingar said:

Dogs decline quickly.  Hardest thing I ever did was put down my little Moogie dog.  It was her time, but that didn't help any.

My compliments to the OP for naming a dog after a Johnny Quest character.  There's a Newfoundland in the neighborhood named Race.

I've been told that dogs do about as well in the airplane as they do in the car.  For that reason I keep my boy dog Kurzon far from the Mooney.  There's hope for my little Lhasa Phyzzbyn, though.

Actually My girlfriend now wife named him so she gets the credit and when I met her and asked if it was from the J Quest character she said yes I knew she was someone I would want to get to know better.  Aside from Looney tunes Jonny Quest was by far the coolest Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid.  not the best animation but nice art work and great story concepts.  And of coarse lots of aviation. 

3 hours ago, bonal said:

Actually My girlfriend now wife named him so she gets the credit and when I met her and asked if it was from the J Quest character she said yes I knew she was someone I would want to get to know better.  Aside from Looney tunes Jonny Quest was by far the coolest Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid.  not the best animation but nice art work and great story concepts.  And of coarse lots of aviation. 

Johnny Quest was my favorite as well.