Some Good Pictures

Thanks Ray,

The windshield is a 201 style, but i'm not sure where it came from.  It was on when I bought it.  I'll dig out the paperwork and try to get you an answer on that.  If you ever need an excuse to fly, come on up and take a look, it's probably less than an hour to get here.   -Aaron

Quote: aerobat95

Awesome pics....what windshield do you have?  Looks like a 201 style?  I am planning to do this in the summer and have been looking at LASAR.  Seems like SWTA is still out of stock.  Anyway really awesome pics.....thanks for sharing.

-Ray

Quote: aschardt

I finally got my wife to stand on the end of the runway to take a few of these.  It was pretty funny to see her duck as I went over.  She had a good 15 feet, don't know what she was complaining about :-)

• Like 1

Did I have to watch that? I believe that the old saying "those who have and those who will" does not apply to me, that's why I bought a plane that has bagged its limit of two.

Back to the pictures , I think he WAS trying to land, just going to Mooney fast as usual! Probably above Vspeed to extend gear. I've read that Mooneys will not land if going too fast.... thinking about it anything I've ever flown doesn't like to land if going too fast. Go figure.

Sleepingsquirrel

It's sad to see we have come from the freedom of the Wright Brothers to so many rules we can't even enjoy flying.  Can you imagine them trying to fly with all the rules we have today.  They would probably just not try.  And then you have people who live by the book just because the book says so.  How about lets step up and support freedom not rules that take it away.

Quote: jpusser

It's sad to see we have come from the freedom of the Wright Brothers to so many rules we can't even enjoy flying.  Can you imagine them trying to fly with all the rules we have today.  They would probably just not try.  And then you have people who live by the book just because the book says so.  How about lets step up and support freedom not rules that take it away.

• 11 months later...

Off topic, sorry.

Are there any Prairie Dogs around Bruning?  Or is that more towards the western part of the state?  I am trying to put together a flying-shooting thing for my son anf myself.  Plague seems to have zapped the Texas panhandle population.

Thanks, Gary

Very cool pictures! You say "finally" you got your wife to stand at the end of the runway! How exactly did you do that?!!  

I adhere to the "happy wife happy (flying) life?!" rule!!

PS: I would think Section 91.119 excludes low approach and/or landing over the runway!