Plane Resurrection

Jeff_S

Hello all,

While surfing through Netflix this evening I stumbled on a British series that has been released now on Netflix and I think is showing on PBS as well. The name of the series is Plane Resurrection and it showcases the restoration efforts made on six different WWII era planes. The first episode is about a British gent who found and restored a P-51 to glory.  It is a moving tribute to the men and machines who won the skies, and of course, nothing looks or sounds better than that Merlin rumble and the P-51 whistling over your head. When they show the images of that wing being mated to the fuselage, it is VERY easy to see how that wing form made its way into every single one of our Mooneys.

Since these are TV shows I can't really link you to an episode, but here's the Facebook page and if you have Netflix you can easily find it. I supposed its playing on your local PBS channel as well.

https://www.facebook.com/planeresurrection/

Hope you can find and enjoy this show. Other episodes show a Hurricane (or "Hurra-cun" as the Brits say!) and a Harvard.

Cheers!

I guess I'm not that lucky to find a P-51 mustang :(of course even if I did I probably couldn't afford to restore it anyway.:unsure:

I like to se these old birds restored to flying condition and flown.

If I could only travel back to a time and get a big barn in the desert and fill it up with P-51 mustangs among other times.:ph34r: