Super Bowl Notices to Airmen

Txbyker

I am going through the 21 page special notices to airmen for the Super Bowl in Houston so that I can depart from the northern portion of my class B based airplane on Monday.  You have to have a reservation else don't bother calling up ATC.  My airport is charging $500 if you want to land there and my base is not one of the better outfits in Houston.  No wonder everyone fights so hard to land a Super Bowl.  If you are coming within 350nm of Houston please read the notice.  

Russ

Super-Bowl-51-NOTAM.pdf

Back in '89 I was working on a TV crew at the Super Bowl in NO. Four of us flew in on my Mooney 3 days before the Super Bowl. We landed at Lakefront airport and I parked on the ramp.

We were planning on leaving for home first thing in the morning the day after the game. We got up and grabbed a quick bite and headed to the airport. We got to the airport at 7:00 AM and found the Mooney with its tail in the corner of a fence with about 50 biz jets packed as tight as could be in front of it. I told the FBO that I needed my plane and they laughed! We finally got out of there at 4:00 PM...

• Like 1