Mooney Fly-In, SMX

MooneyMitch

"First you say you do and then you don't
And then you say you will and then you won't
Your undecided now
So what are you gonna to do"

Above are the lyrics to a tune titled "Undecided".

I'm using UNDECIDED in reference to our weather situation for the fly in.  Weather predictions say rain, then they say no, then they say, well, maybe.......so what am I goin' to do!

Let's see how this falls out as late as Friday night with the forecast.  We want as many folks to be comfortable flying here, without weather concerns.  Remember now, flying your Mooney is supposed to be fun and not having to deal with, and watching the weather.

So, Friday night, we'll make the call of "yes" or "no".

If it's NO, then let's reschedule for the following Saturday, March 4th........same time, same place, etc.

I'll stay diligent and keep you all updated.  

• Like 1

With the continued rain uncertainty for late Saturday night and into Sunday AM here, we'll cancel the Sunday fly in.  We now move it to the following Saturday, March 4th.  Same times, same location.

Based on the better weather forecast we're seeing for this coming week and coming weekend, next Saturday appears to be a much more solid opportunity for you all to fly to us with greater weather confidence overall.

I do apologize for the inconvenience to anyone by making this change.  I do hope you will be able to fly in next Saturday.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Sorry for anyone that was going to make it Sunday and can't on the 4th... But that works out great for me! I'll be there along with my wife and youngest son. I'm looking forward to meeting some more folks from MooneySpace.

Will Captain Moyer still be able to be there on the 4th? That would be an honor to meet him.

Ok ,I had filed ifr Sat night cause forecast was for Ovc...this morning its 3500 Ovc ,entire route is vfr ,so glad I checked this thread as I hate to explain to my wife why we were only Mooney on the ramp!Oh well..maybe next time ...we are going to plan B..HAF for crab sandys...k

Down south here in the Banana Belt it's been IFR in places all day due to visibility with MVFR ceilings and light rain. Now it's much improved with scattered to broken but VFR only birds didn't go anywhere here this morning. I didn't check but it looked like the tops were pretty low - less than 10k. But I am sure someone here can actually say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Call me selfish but I'm glad the event got pushed to next Saturday. I knew just by waking up to a dark room that I wouldn't be making it today... When I confirmed by checking the cloud cover when walking outside around launch time, I confirmed that yes... I would not even consider a flight today. That prompted other thoughts, stop procrastinating on your instrument ticket and why not try it in the sim... I made it in the sim but I had to do some scud running, which I won't do in real life...

42 minutes ago, jonhop said:

Call me selfish but I'm glad the event got pushed to next Saturday. I knew just by waking up to a dark room that I wouldn't be making it today... When I confirmed by checking the cloud cover when walking outside around launch time, I confirmed that yes... I would not even consider a flight today. That prompted other thoughts, stop procrastinating on your instrument ticket and why not try it in the sim... I made it in the sim but I had to do some scud running, which I won't do in real life...

Not selfish at all, What makes these events worthwhile is the pilots that shows up. The more the better, so its best for everyone to move the date so a much larger group can attend; except if your one of those that can't make the new date. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kortopates said:

Not selfish at all, What makes these events worthwhile is the pilots that shows up. The more the better, so its best for everyone to move the date so a much larger group can attend; except if your one of those that can't make the new date. 

Paul,

If your plane is still in the shop and you want to ride along, let me know... My girlfriend and I are planning on attending, so there is room...

• Like 1

Paul,
If your plane is still in the shop and you want to ride along, let me know... My girlfriend and I are planning on attending, so there is room...

Jon, I really appreciate the offer and would take you up on that but I already have a prior engagement next Saturday. I wish I could join you and the rest of the group. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk