Mooney Fly-In, SMX

MooneyMitch

10 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I will make it if I can get an airplane running....

The Rcket is in an unknown state and my plane is down for annual and all my IAs have retired and I need to find a new one....

Are you speaking of finding a new Rocket or a new IA? :rolleyes:

Seriously, this must be extremely frustrating for you.  I do hope the situation improves and you can fly your Mooney soon.

4 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Are you speaking of finding a new Rocket or a new IA? :rolleyes:

Seriously, this must be extremely frustrating for you.  I do hope the situation improves and you can fly your Mooney soon.

I need a new IA. 

My friend Rene is working on his uncle's Rocket. I have been ferrying it around for interior and such. They are working on the panel  now. If it gets done we can fly it over.  I have about six hours left on my annual but there is that IA thing. I spent years working with a few mechanics and they knew my abilities and did little more than an AD check and signed it off, often for free. They are all gone and it is hard to get an IA you don't know to do only an inspection. They all think they have to do all the work and sign it all off.

SUNDAY, APRIL 9...................... I'm purposely bumping this thread up [AGAIN] and shamelessly promoting our little informal Mooney Fly In, just this one last time .

Of the chance that some of you have missed this post, have forgotten about the fly in, are on the fence, here it is again!

Super informal this fly in is!  It's simply a reason to have fun flying your Mooney [weather and all permitting of course] to a place!

It's a terrific opportunity to fly, to meet and hang out with some of us Mooney lovers............to have some Mexican food [looking out the restaurant windows at the runway]...... tour ArtCraft Paint facility [and meet Teresa, the owner].......meet and visit with a very unique Capt. Harry A. Moyer [WWII P40 pilot and current M20E pilot]......maybe win a free ArtCraft detail for your beauty [your Mooney I mean].......win a custom ArtCraft prop sock cover....... win a bottle of TRIBUTE wine autographed by Harry Moyer, and simply enjoy the overall experience!

Hope to see you, see your Mooney and have some camaraderie, haves some laughs, share some tales [true or not], learn some things and just have a great time!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, just popping this thread up in case anyone has time and wants a fun flight in your Mooney.

Our weather is magnificent right now so hopefully blue skies ahead for all on Sunday April 9.

Enjoy this beautiful California day!

No problemlemo.   Let's think about a future location to fly our Mooneys too

Nothing fancy, nothing complicated, just a fun flight for lunch.  Harris ranch is always a fun destination! Saturday next time ?

We're open for suggestions.

10 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

No problemlemo.   Let's think about a future location to fly our Mooneys too

Nothing fancy, nothing complicated, just a fun flight for lunch.  Harris ranch is always a fun destination! Saturday next time ?

We're open for suggestions.

A Saturday would be great! I could do Harris Ranch, I've heard it's a fun destination. Midway for the Southern an Northern California folks. 

23 hours ago, Bolt said:

I hope to go to the fly in. It would be my first Mooney event. Maybe Tehachapi (KTSP) could be a future fly in location It is an easy walk to some of the restaurants from the airport.

Then where am I going to fly to? Just take a lap around the patten?

• Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 10:40 PM, Skates97 said:

A Saturday would be great! I could do Harris Ranch, I've heard it's a fun destination. Midway for the Southern an Northern California folks. 

My wife would love Harris Ranch so +1 for me. That's one of her favorite dinner destinations in the plane. My only concern is the parking capacity. Looks like they only have 11 spots on the pavement. But if you start putting planes on the dirt your parking seems to be almost unlimited.

I will not be able to join you for lunch tomorrow.  A weather front is moving into the Pacific Nortthwest and I have decided to depart KSMX early Sunday AM to get home before  it arrives.  Looks like the weather at KSMX will be great.  I hope you have a good turnout.