Grumman Mallard accelerated stall

1 hour ago, Deb said:

From: https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=115110&p=1538416&hilit=Flap#p1538416

"A wing stalls at a lower angle of attack with flaps, so it should be calibrated with flaps DOWN. Why warn at a safe AoA?

(...)

Disclaimer: I make and sell the FAA approved CYA-100, a TRUE angle of attack indicating system..."

Note: This was posted by Rip Quinby (maker of Bob's CYA-100) on Beechtalk.

Thanks Deb, I was wondering what Rip would say about it since the stall AOA is different in ea. configuration.  One would conclude a wing will stall at a higher angle of attack without flaps from Rips statement, thus if wanting to know the best rate of climb, it would be nice to have the info available on the AOA for the given weight like I mainly use it for and a calibrated display for flaps up would be required. For the CYA to do this, it would most likely require a change of display for this added capability. I am not trying to say which is a better device here, Bob. I selected the Aspen because of the cost to me, $0 it was thrown in, and the installation, which was a half hour unlock and firmware update plus an hour fun flight, and nothing extra hanging in the breeze to bust.

Aspen defends their lack of audible feature with the "its not really needed" spin also. To me, I don't really care for it, but to others, the audible is important.