Scat tubing

Aron Peterson

Would there be a chance that I could get some pictures of some of anybody's

TSIO360MB or SB duct work under the engine. For instance the 3 inch scat tubing for the alternate air and the heater shroud 2 1/2 inch scat crossover. Trying to come up with an idea how to route the tubing so I don't have to keep replacing it every year from rubbing on my cowling. Thank you in advanced for the pics.

Aron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a TSIO 360 SB.   The scat tubing for the alternate air is an unique piece.  It is rectangular in shape for most of its length.   My assumption is that it was made specifically to provide clearance.   If yours has normal round scat tubing, I don't think you can not make it chafe against the cowling.    

I will take some photos the next time the cowling is off.

Bill

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a TSIO 360 SB.   The scat tubing for the alternate air is an unique piece.  It is rectangular in shape for most of its length.   My assumption is that it was made specifically to provide clearance.   If yours has normal round scat tubing, I don't think you can not make it chafe against the cowling.    
I will take some photos the next time the cowling is off.
Bill
image.jpeg

Thank you Bill

We can mfg a silicone molded assy in that shape

round to oblong to round
We create a alloy mandrell in same shape, wrap here times in silicone with nomex, it goes into to autoclave for 15 mins to cure
We pull it off the mandrell and trim to spec

You will never replace it...

I always suggest that scat or sceet in areas where there is abrasion or high heat , We slide firesleeve on and cover the ends in 3:1 heatshrink to secure and reduce wicking..
Varioys products at GEEBEEPRODUCTS.com, Our beech website

Thank you so much