A&P for Annual Reccomendation

Hi All,

Looking for a new shop to do my annual this year and wondered if you had any recommendations?  Plane is located in Charlotte, NC so I have a lot of flexibility.  Prefer a shop that knows Mooneys well.  My guy is busy and I wanted to have a different set of eyes looking at my bird once and while (my guy has been doing my plane for 7 years).   Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

Thank,

Jim

7 hours ago, mccdeuce said:

Hopefully you aren't actually at Charlotte - but there abouts a quick flight to these guys. 

IMG_0881.PNG

I was at clt for about a year, then one day I did not make it out during slow time and I was #12 for takeoff.....decided it was time for a new airport

As mccdeuce has recommended, Lynn Mace, AGL Aviation @ KMRN is now a MSC with rigging boards and about 25 years experience with Mooneys. His shop rate must be among the lowest for any MSC. The flat rate for your F should be $1528 plus any repairs and oil.

One of the Mooneys based @ KMRN is Buddy Shelton's N1967F which Lynn has maintained for at least 10 years.

https://www.aglaviation.com/services

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

As mccdeuce has recommended, Lynn Mace, AGL Aviation @ KMRN is now a MSC with rigging boards and about 25 years experience with Mooneys. His shop rate must be among the lowest for any MSC. The flat rate for your F should be $1528 plus any repairs and oil.

One of the Mooneys based @ KMRN is Buddy Shelton's N1967F which Lynn has maintained for at least 10 years.

https://www.aglaviation.com/services

Thanks Bob!

28 minutes ago, Marcopolo said:

Meerja,

I am based at KIPJ (Lincolnton, near Charlotte) and I travel to KMRN where AGL aviation is based several times a month.  If I can help with any transportation logistics just let me know.

Ron

Thanks Ron!!

http://www.mooney.com/en/Support.html#Centers

Caution, not all MSCs are as experienced as DMax. But I think Tracey Ellis has purged several that were not really Mooney friendly, like the big jet oriented FBO at KPDK that used to be called a MSC. If you know of a facility that's listed that does not have rigging boards or the fixtures to check gear torque load I'm sure he would like to know about that. As would folks here.

(I remember getting service at Causby in Asheboro NC 30 years ago. They were a MSC then but I don't know if the folks in nearby Liberty now are connected to that history. There was once a MSC in Gastonia as well. But I'm talking Mooney heyday years.)

support_map160809.png

• Like 1

Wasn't there an MSC in NC advertising reduced annual inspection rates in another thread?

We are. Through 2017 we're offering 10% off for customers that come to us as a referral (like through MooneySpace). You can see the details on our promotion post on here or our website www.aglaviation.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hung around long enough last evening to watch Meerja (Jim) take off from KMRN after his Annual at AGL Aviation. Hopefully another happy Mooney owner with landing gear operating like new. Great to meet a couple more Mooney Space friends this week. Hank Walls and Anthony Simmons were here to have their Mooneys serviced as well. (Jim's friend and ride in has a '66E, Alan Osborne (sp.) but I don't think he's on MS.)

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 8:20 AM, Marcopolo said:

Meerja,

I am based at KIPJ (Lincolnton, near Charlotte) and I travel to KMRN where AGL aviation is based several times a month.  If I can help with any transportation logistics just let me know.

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the offer...obviously if you ever need a ride, I am happy to help. 

Jim