Britian BI-805 valve

Calib18

53 minutes ago, Calib18 said:

I have talked to jerry they have all the necessary parts to go with the BI-805 valve but not the valve . I have looked seems like in all 4 corners of the earth and cant find it

What does the valve look like? Some one may have kt in their toy box.

I have talked to jerry they have all the necessary parts to go with the BI-805 valve but not the valve . I have looked seems like in all 4 corners of the earth and cant find it

Keep looking. Check eBay daily. Keep feelers out. Call all the shops you can think of. These get taken out with autopilot upgrades. Check Beech forums.
I found mine in about three months.
One will show up eventually.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Guitarmaster said:

Keep looking. Check eBay daily. Keep feelers out. Call all the shops you can think of. These get taken out with autopilot upgrades. Check Beech forums.
I found mine in about three months.
One will show up eventually.

What are these things selling for?  I'm kinda surprised no one is manufacturing/re-manufacturing these!

I've been holding on to this for a few years.  I've sent it to Jerry for overhaul but never got around to getting it installed.  Hopefully I'll have it in the plane this year.

i picked mine up from someone upgrading there autopilot.  Then I sent everything to Brittain to get checked out.  They are out there, but for some reason the valve is hard to find.  You think that they could make new ones for what I have seen these sell for.

IMG_0145.JPG

The best I can tell this would be available in different form but same function.  I know I have one on the plane, but not sure where it is.  Have not seen it under the panel, but I believe that is where it lives.   I would guess it opens to one side and close to the other to move the ailerons and rudder.  Does anyone have a vacuum diagram?   Pulling it out would reveal the secret in a few seconds and allow it to be matched to the correct one from here.  https://www.parker.com/literature/Literature Files/IHD/DCsection.pdf

It's a proportional valve. With 0 volts applied it is in the center position and directs vac equally to the left and right side. If a positive voltage is applied it increases vac to one side and reduces it to the other. With a negative voltage it does the opposite. The amount it directs to one side or the other depends on the amount of voltage applied. It's also counterbalance it isn't affected by bumps or turns. 

Brittian also sells a bi100 control box for another autopilot system they manufacturer that has a valve inside it that operates in a very similar fashion. There was another member a few months ago who was able to get a field approval to substitute the valve in the bi100 box. These are readily available and cheap. 

14 hours ago, Calib18 said:

DMC would you take 3000 cash for your set up ??? I can pay you tonight lol 

Thanks, but I plan on getting it installed this year, unless I get surprised during my annual.  Hopefully it won't cost to much to get installed.

• Like 1