Bessie Coleman - Google Doodle today

It puts a whole new perspective on young people today who complain that they can't afford to learn to fly. She not only had money in the way, it was also race and gender standing in her way. And yet she did it.

In my role at the company I work for, I have sit down meetings with new people just about every day all over the world. 350,000 air miles in 2016. When people hear I'm a pilot, I often hear that they also were once learning to fly and maybe they took some lessons and then quit at some point, but didn't finish.  While they think this means we have something in common, the truth is we have NOTHING in common.  If they were like me, they'd have finished and would have a Private certificate.  I took two lessons and couldn't quit.  I could have quit eating probably easier than I could have quit flying.  Bessie is an example of those of us who once bitten by the bug, just have to fly.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

It puts a whole new perspective on young people today who complain that they can't afford to learn to fly. She not only had money in the way, it was also race and gender standing in her way. And yet she did it.

In my role at the company I work for, I have sit down meetings with new people just about every day all over the world. 350,000 air miles in 2016. When people hear I'm a pilot, I often hear that they also were once learning to fly and maybe they took some lessons and then quit at some point, but didn't finish.  While they think this means we have something in common, the truth is we have NOTHING in common.  If they were like me, they'd have finished and would have a Private certificate.  I took two lessons and couldn't quit.  I could have quit eating probably easier than I could have quit flying.  Bessie is an example of those of us who once bitten by the bug, just have to fly.

Yes impressive.

This shows you what persistence and determination will do for you.:)

Coddling an babying the younger generation doesn't accomplish much and neither does whining that someone hasn't given you a chance or given you the resources to make your dream come true.

• Like 1