Door Arm

On 4/18/2017 at 4:50 PM, "Chocks" said:

Hey Flanders,

I got your email and followed up with FedEx. I just sent you the details in your email. Sometimes Intl shipping gets a little screwy in my little town. :)

I called Fedex and the issue is the stuff dealing with customs declarations to cross the border.  Now that you have the package back from them, do you still want to try and ship it?  If it is too much hassle, you may wish to reconsider the work involved and that would be OK with me.  

Just let me know and I can make alternate arrangements with someone like Clarence.  My druthers is to get it from you, but the choice is yours.  

On 4/19/2017 at 11:19 PM, Ned Gravel said:

I called Fedex and the issue is the stuff dealing with customs declarations to cross the border.  Now that you have the package back from them, do you still want to try and ship it?  If it is too much hassle, you may wish to reconsider the work involved and that would be OK with me.  

Just let me know and I can make alternate arrangements with someone like Clarence.  My druthers is to get it from you, but the choice is yours.  

It seems to happen every time I used FedEx for shipments. I've repackaged it and it's coming USPS now, which has never caused me any issues. Sorry for the delay and it should arrive shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shane:

I finally got the opportunity to go out and install it.  Very good piece.  Thank you very much.  No hammering for the fuselage portion was needed at all.  Closes smoothly and cleanly.

Here it is installed. Can you see the countersink (chamfering) at the top?

IMG_1627.thumb.JPG.f0a04a4f16988fb953ae8a466883cf77.thumb.JPG.05902c50b17b8420c491850eb2ff1c32.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, chrixxer said:

Hmm. I need one of these. Mine looks like it will give you tetanus. What's the cost? '66 E.

15 hours ago, carusoam said:

Chris,

Send @"Chocks" a PM.  He is the builder of that fancy piece of metal...

The mention using the blue box often alerts a look-see.  Similar to quoting somebody...

Best regards,

-a-

Hey hey! Ya if I don't get a tag of some kind, I only check here every few weeks. Sorry about that.

Link is here: https://www.thesquawkshoppe.com/collections/parts-supplies/products/mooney-cargo-door-arm-assembly

Let me know if you have any questions!