Door Arm

Starting a new thread for this topic. I've seen the other posts but not all the hardware was covered.  Most were replacing a broken arm - mine is missing -everything!  So I can get the arm from a member but is there a bracket that is missing as well?   The plastic pieces are from a newer M20c as it is molded for the newer style door arm.

IMG_3415.JPG

IMG_3416.JPG

So I know I can buy the new arm but the arm attaches to brackets and also has screws.   What kind of bracket and screws?  Also - the interior seems different and has an upholstered panel and mine has the plastic for years the later model.

Edited by Drumstick

57 minutes ago, DrBill said:

I'll go to the plane tomorrow and take some pictures and measurements.

Bill

Much appreciated!  The door plastics are definitely not original. I think there was supposed to be an upholstered panel like the one in your picture.  Not sure if your bracket will fit wth the plastic stuff.

1 hour ago, DrBill said:

bucko is right he is doing them on a CNC Mill, and they come out nice. Reasonable price too if i remember right.

his post is here somewhere, maybe in classifieds.

bill

Just ordered from Chocks.  I will see if I can find the appropriate screw and washer.

• 1 month later...
Shane,
You are the best!
I like the option of the real part made from 3D printing!
Nicely done,
-a-

Thanks! I still want to test the printed one out some more, so metal only for now.
But I think having the plastic option will be perfect for some users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, "Chocks" said:

Thanks! I still want to test the printed one out some more, so metal only for now.
But I think having the plastic option will be perfect for some users.

What kind of printer/plastic did you use?

I have a nylon and carbon-fiber, fiberglass, or Kevlar, (long strands, not chopped fibers), printer.  The manufacturer claims that its CF parts are as strong as aluminum.  If anyone has a file or at least dimensions, I can easily print these.

• 1 month later...

I built a new one of these, but I remember the allowable space between the door edge and the fuselage opening was very limited (when closed).  I had to use like .040" hinge blades and then it just barely fit.  Used 4130 in order to get the stiffness required. The hinge pin/assembly has to be kept to an absolute minimum width.  The best thing I did was get rid of that old rolled junk door hinge and replace it with an extruded 2024 hinge.  

8 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

Chocks still here?  

I am having trouble getting the Fedex number to work.  Does it mean the part will not arrive?

Hey Flanders,

I got your email and followed up with FedEx. I just sent you the details in your email. Sometimes Intl shipping gets a little screwy in my little town. :)

• Like 1