I need fuel bladders ??? Help !!!!

So just chop the m20c tail off and find a beechcraft which doesn't fly any more - plenty around as only A&P's can afford to own/maintain them. Borrow an axe from the NH enforcement fleet which are all grounded due to tank issues. Get the IA to rivet the tail on and apply for a monotail STC with gross weight increase and problem solved because bonanza tanks don't leak. No bladders required.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, ZOOMER said:

So just chop the m20c tail off and find a beechcraft which doesn't fly any more - plenty around as only A&P's can afford to own/maintain them. Borrow an axe from the NH enforcement fleet which are all grounded due to tank issues. Get the IA to rivet the tail on and apply for a monotail STC with gross weight increase and problem solved because bonanza tanks don't leak. No bladders required.

Axe not needed to remove the Mooney tail , as the corrosion will make it easy to just break off....

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2017 at 8:13 AM, flyhigh603 said:

If it wasn't such a big $$ items as the tanks are I would never sell her. Engine runs like a top and she flys hands off with no auto pilot . 

There are used bladders in good shape on Ebay that might get this airplane back in the air.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-N-STC-Aero-Tech-Services-Mooney-Fuel-Cell-Bladder-P-N-B-501-BR-0417-151-/142412990172?hash=item212879c6dc:g:RW0AAOSwT5xZOqR3&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-N-STC-Aero-Tech-Services-Mooney-Fuel-Cell-Bladder-P-N-B-501-AR-0417-150-/132224919579?hash=item1ec938281b:g:DHYAAOSwFqNZOqW3&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

Thanks guys , but it's only one bladder and I need the whole kit . Jerry I just might take you up on the ferry tank if it comes to that. I'm holding off till Griggs gets the STC approval for sale of the bladder kits. I'm the first one on their list when they can sell them to the public 

Why not get the tanks resealed, you can have that done quicker and easier. you can also add Jose Monroy conversion and add fuel all for less then bladders.
Brian

Says the man who has been working on his tanks for how long? Sorry Brian you set me up for that one.

Now that Mrs. Orion has freed you, I want to see that Mooney fly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, flyhigh603 said:

Thanks guys , but it's only one bladder and I need the whole kit . Jerry I just might take you up on the ferry tank if it comes to that. I'm holding off till Griggs gets the STC approval for sale of the bladder kits. I'm the first one on their list when they can sell them to the public 

There are two links to Ebay ads - there are two bladders for sale

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Says the man who has been working on his tanks for how long? emoji3.png Sorry Brian you set me up for that one.

Now that Mrs. Orion has freed you, I want to see that Mooney fly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

actually, I am only doing enough to put it back in the air safely, I am taking it out to Paul at weep no more this fall to have a complete reseal. I have to admit I intended to get the monroy conversion at the same time but it is looking like the budget won't allow it right now.

Brian

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 6:45 AM, acpartswhse said:

I have a ferry tank that we use in a case like this.  not beyond loaning it to a fellow mooneyspace.  simple to hook up.  jerry pressley

Thread drift but how does it plumb in? Tee in to the fuel line behind the seat or..?

Wow, what a team.

Just spent *way too long* reading this thread, and I am so encouraged by all the support and 'free' experience you guys have given to a struggling newbie.

Being a newbie myself, I can say I've been intimidated to ask for help (it gets easier as I get older and more humble) but this thread really makes me glad I bought a plane and has the "can do" that makes doing this awesome.

I sure miss flying in the US, and I'm glad we have MS, so I can read encouraging stories like this.

Strange place to introduce myself, but I'm so enthused by what I've read, that I must.

I'll write the story on a new thread for everyone, as it may be helpful to someone, someday.

Thanks guys, for all that support and encouragement. The collateral impact is great and appreciated.

• Like 3

On 18/06/2017 at 1:08 AM, Hyett6420 said:

That sounds lovely.  Which part of the neighbourhood does one hail from?

Andrew

Only a a full set of tanks to the southeast! :)

I'm located in Lower Austria. If you ever head this way, let me know and I'll see if I can meet up with you!

I'm in the process of getting my plane registered, so my wings are clipped at the moment, but hopefully soon that will change...

Edited by AF M20J
  • Like 1