Good Midwest Mooney Mechanic

All, 

I'm looking for any suggestions on a midwestern shop that allows owner assisted annuals. I'm really looking for a Mooney mechanic that can do manual gear rigging, doesn't necessarily have to be a Mooney shop. The logbook is filled with good shops but none were Mooney specific. 

I was planning on taking it to Wilmer but last I heard they were out of business. Has anyone used Oasis? 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

36 minutes ago, MooneyNate said:

All, 

I'm looking for any suggestions on a midwestern shop that allows owner assisted annuals. I'm really looking for a Mooney mechanic that can do manual gear rigging, doesn't necessarily have to be a Mooney shop. The logbook is filled with good shops but none were Mooney specific. 

I was planning on taking it to Wilmer but last I heard they were out of business. Has anyone used Oasis? 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Where are you located?

On 1/20/2017 at 4:38 PM, mooniac15u said:

Where are you located?

I'm based in KOXV which is south central Iowa but I don't mind traveling. I bought it with a fresh annual last April but really want a good mooney mechanic to check the rigging.  Nothing out of place on it but just cation on my part. Its a manual gear 65 C model. Mooney's website has service centers so think i'll just start calling around this week. I'll post what i find out .... but I'm always open to recomendations. 

1 hour ago, MooneyNate said:

I'm based in KOXV which is south central Iowa but I don't mind traveling. I bought it with a fresh annual last April but really want a good mooney mechanic to check the rigging.  Nothing out of place on it but just cation on my part. Its a manual gear 65 C model. Mooney's website has service centers so think i'll just start calling around this week. I'll post what i find out .... but I'm always open to recomendations. 

There are a couple of other Iowans here on MooneySpace. Hopefully they'll be along soon to recommend someone. I live in Ohio now but I'm from Cedar Falls originally. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, Hank said:

Paul now runs the shop where Wilmar used to be, but I don't remember the new name. He used to work for Wilmar before opening Weep No More.

It is Oasis Aero. Paul Beck and Eric Rudningen own and operate it. They are Mooney International's newest MSC, and were both under the tutelage of Mooney's oldest MSC, Jaeger Aviation. They are great Mechanics and great people who will treat you right. Unlike the previous owner who purchased Willmar from Bruce, Eric and Paul know the value of treating customers right.

MXO-Monticello Iowa knows and works on several Mooney's.  They are reasonable on pricing for an annual.  I don't know what their policy is on "owner assisted" annual participation.  Wouldn't that be difficult if not local?  Anyway, give Brian a call.  My 66 M20E has been serviced (and improved) there for over 15 years.  My bird is in for annual now as is another M20E.