Yoke Buttons

Marauder

This recent thread on the IDENT button on the yoke got me thinking. I am scheduled for an avionics upgrade and I discussed the yoke mounted buttons I have with the shop. Apparently, there are a number of other functions that can be remote mounted.
The shop has provided me some of the more common remote functions. They include; Ident, Remote Com Transfer, Remote Nav Frequency Transfer, Remote CDI Source Select (Nav/GPS) and Radio select (PSE audio panel).
Just curious what others have mounted on their yokes. I currently have (on the pilot's yoke) a PTT, AP disconnect and a flip/flop for my Com radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Just curious what others have mounted on their yokes. I currently have (on the pilot's yoke) a PTT, AP disconnect and a flip/flop for my Com radio.

On the left side: PTT, Audio Playback, Speed brakes, CWS, Trim, AP Disconnect

On the Right side: Transponder Ident, Dual Switch: Up = Traffic mute; Down = Audio Push to Command 

• Like 1

Don, my left side yoke switches are set up just like yours with the exception of the audio playback button. That is a great idea, and the next time my J is at an avionics shop, I will have them add that function - just have to find a place for it on a very crowded yoke. I have the remote audio panel for the GTN 750, and the playback function is easy to reach using the audio display on the GTN 750, but a dedicated button would be even better. I had this function on my 261 conversion and found it helpful. The only button on my right side yoke is PTT for non-internal communication. Once again the 750's remote audio functions make it easy to set intercom, music or ATC distribution for co-pilot and passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I saw none of you have a com flip/flop. Makes sense with the fact that you would normally be flipping right after entering. And with the GTN that is easy.

Two of you have traffic announcement disable buttons. You find that useful?

On the left side: PTT, Speed brakes, CWS, Elevator Trim, AP Disconnect

On the Right side: Transponder Ident, Stormscope clear.  

I don't use the Stormscope clear button.   Next upgrade it will become audio voice control, perhaps, or Warp  Drive engage.  

•  
Edited by Jerry 5TJ
Fun
  • Like 2

The speed brake button is pretty good for making adjustments in energy.  Still gets a look out both sides to make sure they get stored or deployed as expected.

Seeing all the buttons on a modern automotive steering wheel makes me think of what is possible... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

Two of you have traffic announcement disable buttons. You find that useful?

Not too often, but it comes in handy...particularly during busy times.  I tend not to cancel the aural alert until I've visually cross-checked what the announcement is alerting me to, and that I'm safely mitigating (or have mitigated) the threat.  Most often, I'll hit the button during arrival and approach where I'm trying to hear ATC in the midst of altitude and/or minimums callouts.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...