DualRatedFlyer

[mention=9886]Marauder[/mention] North of Baltimore.  I have been looking for an excuse to make a trip over to the Dogfish head brewery to take a tour.  Are you anywhere near there?  

The DF brewery is in Milton, about 1.5 hours south of me. 3 of us (67 F, 75 F and an 80 J) are based at N57 and one in KILG (05 M). JerryTJ is based at Martin State and has an 00 R.

If you are in the northern part of Delaware, err, Deleware as some have called it, let us know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

. . . Delaware, err, Deleware as some have called it . . .

^^^^. Ha! Ha! Ha! (sorry, Rob . . . )

Oh, and Welcome Aboard, Mr. DualRated. We're a warm, happy bunch. OK, some are happier than others . . .

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard! You came to the right place! Lots of knowledge here. With the help of MS you will find the right plane for you. Just an FYI my E is for sale. You can find a post in the for sale section with a link to controller. I've taken four adult men in mine on a fishing trip. Cozy yes, but everyone enjoyed the ride

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MHemperly said:

Welcome aboard! You came to the right place! Lots of knowledge here. With the help of MS you will find the right plane for you. Just an FYI my E is for sale. You can find a post in the for sale section with a link to controller. I've taken four adult men in mine on a fishing trip. Cozy yes, but everyone enjoyed the ride

Mike

I got to be Mike's safety pilot last Sunday while he shot approaches for his IFR currency, it is a very nice, clean plane.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

I forgot to mention...

All American is a business that specializes in pre-owned Mooneys.

They do a great job of finding and presenting planes for sale.  they also do a great job of finishing the details required to help a new owner get the paperwork squared away, and the pilot up to speed with TRansition Training.

I bought a plane there once, but the point is they have a great place to go and see a bunch of different Mooneys that you can actually sit in and get a feeling for...

Just use caution, the place is full of desireable planes. :)

It is a great place to visit.  You will come away highly Mooney educated when you are done.

Best regards,

-a-

I bought my 231 through All American.  Couldn't be happier with the process...

• Like 1

OK I'll bite.  Once I found out older Money planes had manual gear and I flew one there was no going back for me.  I love the simplicity of the manual gear.  JMHO.

Once I flew an E that had eclectic gear (converted at the factor before delivery to its first human) and it just didn't seem right.  Mooney should still offer the manual gear as an option.:D

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard!

Both the C and E are probably the best 3-seat airplanes money can buy.  The speed and economy of those birds are absolutely unparalleled for the price.

But if you know you will regularly be filling all four seats, you might consider narrowing your search to a G, F, or J model.  

Don't take my word for it, go sit in these airplanes so you know what 5" really feels like it.  

You will pay for those extra inches, either in purchase price (for a M20F or J), or in reduced performance (M20G).

Just a few thoughts... you can't go wrong... its a Mooney!