Scat hose from filter to fiberglass plenum

Mark89114

I have a 2000 ovation with the 310 upgrade (although I don't think that is relevant), but the right tube has a worn spot and the left one looks like the wire has shifted/broken as you can collapse it with your hand.  They are wrapped in what I assume is some type of heat resistant covering.  My mechanic says they are probably mooney specific parts.   any advice on sourcing these? 

My laptop just crapped out for some unknown W10 reason so I can't look any details up myself.

thank you

These may help (it may be part 15, part number 640001-041) :

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 8.09.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 8.10.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 8.10.35 PM.png

Since the Ovation is still in production it shouldn't be any problem to get the parts from Mooney through LASAR or Dugosh or any MSC. You could also check with Guy Ginby - he makes aftermarket scat tubes for airplanes that are superior quality than the OEM parts.

• Like 1

Mark - you don't want them too short.  I've replaced a couple of these, and when they are in proper position, they are supposed to be slightly compressed so they flex back and forth when the engine is running.  They should not be fully-extended whilst in proper position, so the part you have looks like it's cut properly.

Steve

Steve, I am thinking they will "loosen" up, but when I just held them in place for sizing, it about pushes the air filter box up against the exhaust system.  I just don't know where the compression would come from as these things are damn near rock hard.  I assume they would loosen up with heat and vibration.  Will advise after installation.