Looking for a Garmin 430/530, maybe GTN.

50 minutes ago, Alan Fox said:

I have 530 W , and 430 Garmin units currently..

I tried to buy one from you Alan. Called and texted, left a message. After you said you couldnt take a deposit, I tried several times over the course of three days to get your Paypal info to send payment. I finally got a hold of you last night and you said you had sold them. If you have one now. let me know. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having buyers remorse for the new GTN-650 I just bought... it's hard to stomach the overall cost of my project (21AMU) for a 30AMU plane. I might just do the panel and Lynx 9000 only and live with my GNC300XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having buyers remorse for the new GTN-650 I just bought... it's hard to stomach the overall cost of my project (21AMU) for a 30AMU plane. I might just do the panel and Lynx 9000 only and live with my GNC300XL.   

Here, I'll make you feel better. My 1975 F's panel. You only live once.

f5df2d0e153a04a3724a55529bebb968.jpg

3680ee0e1641db7f5cecbee749655173.jpg

13f834bb2784dd82c3ea47bf22a38e24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I remember some years back I invested several 10amu's on redoing my panel:  gns430, gtx330, gdl69, kfc150, mx20, wx500, jpi, kcs55a, gi106, digital tach and tit, ps engineering CD player etc.  

fast forward 8 years later and look where we are.  The age of avionics lasting forever and all while increasing some value has rapidly changed with garmin's demanded idiocy of ads-b from the government and the advent of tablet goods.  

Heres the comparison based on a month ago and purchase prices:  

mx20/traffic: $275

gx60: $500

complete kcs55a: $600

sl70 transponder: $250

electric AI: $300

sl30: $2200

stec 40 w gpss: $2700

installing it in all in my own high wing cessna with the help/supervision of my AI friend? Priceless.  

With the advent of ForeFlight and other silliness, paying Garmin's ransom seems criminal to me.  I cheered Avidyne's use of the same connector tray - brilliant! And if L3 / lynx, freefligt and others can offer a low cost solution, Garmin can go pound sand. 

22 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

If you can afford it and love your plane i.e. plan to keep it for a while, do it and fly the hell out of it.  

On 3/11/2017 at 10:45 PM, tigers2007 said:

Man, I don't blame you. I'm having the same problem deciding weather or not to jump into that pit. One thing you better not forget to do is increase the insurance value of your plane to reflect the investment. If not and you have a gear up or what ever, they will not compensate you for the new radios, the will just own them.

Edited by nels
  • Like 1

SL30s are going up, around 3K for a good one now. KX-155 support is about ended and the only other option is the new GTX/GTR radios from Garmin but they are expensive.

If you find one, you can get a GTN-750 for 12,500$  Which is only 4K more than a 530W but much more advanced.