Any New England Mooney pilots interested in setting up a group for trading safety pilot duties?

gsengle

I always have trouble staying instrument current, and never seem to be able to find a safety pilot. Seemed to me a good place to start was finding some regional Mooney drivers to help each other out. Anyone else in say 100nm of Western Ma in the same boat? 96 Ovation here...

If nothing else great excuse to be social and to check out each others planes!

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great idea.  26 "E" minutes from me.  Would be like 10 minutes in the "R".  Would be great to safety in a newer Mooney.  It's been a while.  

Anthony and the NJ guys get together frequently, but sometimes it's a little out of the way for us on the wrong side of NY.  

27 minutes ago, gsengle said:

I'm thinking of setting up a private Facebook group for interested pilots in the region so requests can be posted and fulfilled, does that make sense?

Where ya based "takair"?

KOXC

I always have trouble staying instrument current, and never seem to be able to find a safety pilot. Seemed to me a good place to start was finding some regional Mooney drivers to help each other out. Anyone else in say 100nm of Western Ma in the same boat? 96 Ovation here...
If nothing else great excuse to be social and to check out each others planes!
Greg

I'm not a Mooney pilot yet (hope in next 12 months) but I am instrument rated and fly regularly and live in the Boston area. I'm interested

Count me in for this. I'm based in Chicago but take many long trips to the Cape to see family. Would love to hop up to 7B2 to trade some safety pilot time when I'm in town. 7B2 was the first airport I flew to after getting my PPL. Great airport!

• Like 1

I am a liitle bit far away to trade time with the folks in New England but I have a question as I am using a safety pilot for Simulated Instrument time as I work on my IR.  The guy I fly with is a commercial rated pilot with complex and high performance endorsements (flying M20K=210hp).  There are a few pilots at my field that post on the board they're availabilty for safety piloting but they are niether complex or high performance endorsed.  My understanding is that both would be needed in my right seat, correct?

Hi all, I've decided to set up a Facebook group for interested pilots.  Just search for "Safety Pilots New England" on Facebook and send a join request. My hope is that we can get a critical mass of pilots so it can be a place to request a flight and find someone pretty easily...

Greg

Incorrect. They don't need a high performance / complex endorsement.
http://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/26683/may-a-vfr-only-pilot-without-high-performance-or-complex-endorsements-be-the-saf

I use this reg to take all those line boys who just got their VFR PP along as safety pilots. Their eyes are sharper than those older guys with the complex signoff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Greg,

Just give me a call or shoot me a message. Not a bad hop from Danbury (KDXR) to Northampton. I do hope they fixed the runway lighting though :D and besides, methinks I still owe you lunch!

Robert

PS just looked for the group on FB and it claims not to find it...hmmmm

• Like 1