Avidyne 10.2 Release Appears Imminent

KLRDMD

On 6/4/2017 at 9:36 AM, mccdeuce said:

Yesterday I set up the IFD in remote mode connecting the IFD to my stratus. iPad connects to stratus network but also sees the IFD and can transfer flight plans. Worked as advertised. 

@PeytonM if you have your iPad and stratus working right together leave them. Then go into configuration on the IFD set the Remote SSID to that of your Stratus. (Should be Stratus+serialnumber) finally change mode from local to remote. Once complete turn on everything give it a second and on settings/devices on ForeFlight you will now see both stratus and IFD. 

@AviSimpson it would be nice if there was a quick way to change between remote and local network modes without going into the setup. For example my Stratus dies in flight and I don't have to reset my IFD to swap the connection. 

Noted, I will add it to the feature list.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 9:36 AM, mccdeuce said:

Yesterday I set up the IFD in remote mode connecting the IFD to my stratus. iPad connects to stratus network but also sees the IFD and can transfer flight plans. Worked as advertised. 

@PeytonM if you have your iPad and stratus working right together leave them. Then go into configuration on the IFD set the Remote SSID to that of your Stratus. (Should be Stratus+serialnumber) finally change mode from local to remote. Once complete turn on everything give it a second and on settings/devices on ForeFlight you will now see both stratus and IFD. 

@AviSimpson it would be nice if there was a quick way to change between remote and local network modes without going into the setup. For example my Stratus dies in flight and I don't have to reset my IFD to swap the connection. 

That's exactly what I was looking for.  I'll give it a shot this weekend.  Thank You!

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2017 at 9:55 AM, gsengle said:

Unless a Bluetooth connection can achieve the link for one of the devices, or one of the devices can effectively relay the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Garmin GDL39 3D bluetooth connection for Foreflight so I can use the WiFi out from the IFD550 for Foreflight to send and receive flight plans. Works great.