Avidyne 10.2 Release Appears Imminent

KLRDMD

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what Simpson Bennett from Avidyne mentioned on January 25, 2017 on the Avidyne Forum:

We've been out of major flight testing for a while. Our recent flights were with the FAA designated pilot. Waiting on some reports from that and responses on other items we have submitted. Hope to have some answers and a more accurate idea of when we can expect an overall approval soon.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

From BeechTalk today: (I hope so, I need a hit)

So what's the latest on 10.2?

We are waiting on some feedback from the FAA. Should have that by next week. That should give us a better indication of how much longer.

On 2/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, Hyett6420 said:

Ok, the reason formthe delay is simple.  The main guy has had a major heart attack.     He is on compassinate leave and this has delayed the release substantially.  They obviously dont want to say this publically, but i do have my sources.  It has put the whole programme back a lot.

Andrew

Alternative explanation:Main FAA approvals engineer was eating lunch at his desk in his FAA cubicle.He choked on a bologna sand which and expired at his desk.Unfortunately ,no one suspected anything amiss ,cause ,he wasn't doing anything different from any other FAA employee.Any way ,after three weeks had gone by,his fellow employees started to avoid his cubicle altogether cause nobody wanted to confront the fact that he stinks!Especially after last years sensitivity training seminar on how to get along with your fellow employee.Anyway...his wife finally called demanding to know why his auto deposited paycheck didn't reflect all the overtime he was obviously putting in.HR,finally got arround to phoning him and found nothing amiss as he wasn't answering his phone,which is normal behavior if you are an FAA employee.This all occurred last Apr when he notified Avadyne ,that approval was imminent on 10.2.Unfortunately,he choked on his sand which shortly afterward,and all the approval paperwork is presently still in decontamination when a janitor finally figured out he was deceased!The program ,has been set back because the Engineer who is to take over the program is in 6 month FAA mandated grief counseling.I know all this from closest authority...more to come

47 minutes ago, thinwing said:

Over at the avidyne forum..some smuck  is tired of the delay,and now wants to sell his cardinal cause he has lost adsB function promised in oct...can you believe it!

I missed that what ADSb function is he loosing?  I have the 540 and the APX322 remote mounted transponder and I'm transmitting ADSB out.

Not sure..I think he has a Garmin 330/345 and prob was working with prior Garmin 430. I think...anyway he replaced that for IFD 440 and is unhappy he has lost adsB function.He thinks he gets better ATC service with ADSB,Anyway ..because of 10.20 delay...he now wants to sale his airplane I guess.Personally ,he sounds like a complete idiot!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 8:00 AM, AviSimpson said:

We should have a more concrete update on Release 10.2 next week. We are awaiting some feedback from the FAA after submitting some data and conducting a few flights.

10 days later, no update :(

If you guys ever had to deal with one of the ACO's concerning avionics,  you would understand.  They don't know crap about airplanes.  They only care about DO-178 and DO-254 (the sad thing is they aren't even regulatory).  They argue of the stupidest nonvalue added issues, and delay delay delay.  If Avidyne could justify the overhead costs of an ODA, they could come to market in a timely fashion.  However ODA's are costly and hard to justify for a small company.  

• Like 1