Gatlinburg Fly Out/In

Brandontwalker

The Shelby County Aviation Association is planning a trip to Gatlinburg the last weekend of this month to support tourism. There are a couple of Mooneys scheduled to make the trip (including mine). We would love to have more.

http://www.wvtm13.com/article/local-pilots-plan-fly-out-to-promote-gatlinburg-tourism/8597257?src=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

interesting.  I got confused when she said it'll take a couple of hours to get from shelby county to gatlinburg, but when I looked it up, it's shelby county alerbama, not shelby county north carolina.

That estimate is at 172 speeds. It's right at an hour and a half in a Mooney ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least there's lots of parking. The museum ramp alone will hold almost 20 planes. At the MS flyin there a few years ago, I was into the wind going down and had to use "overflow parking" uphill at the FBO. May have to go back again . . .

2 hours ago, Kris_Adams said:

How cool.  Great news story...a lot better than the "no flight plan was filed" doom and gloom that normally makes it to TV...If I'm out of annual and ready to go I will try to be there.

I may tag along for a day trip.