WTB Travel Boards

tankman

• 3 weeks later...

I have made 2 sets for myself, and will consider making these but they are very time consuming to make.  Several individuals have e-mailed me asking about them.  If we could start a list somewhere on Mooneyspace (or by messaging me) of people who want these, I could consider doing this as a spring project (when the carpenter's shop is not as cold and doesn't need to be fed wood to heat it). 

John Breda

15 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

I have made 2 sets for myself, and will consider making these but they are very time consuming to make.  Several individuals have e-mailed me asking about them.  If we could start a list somewhere on Mooneyspace (or by messaging me) of people who want these, I could consider doing this as a spring project (when the carpenter's shop is not as cold and doesn't need to be fed wood to heat it). 

John Breda

John, I'd be interested.  Let's talk in the spring.

Yes they are very difficult to find I manged to find two original ones and one recreation after almost 7 years of owning a Mooney.

If you find someone who has a CNC type router they probably could cut the base board or for you saving a lot of time.  They could even cut the aluminum parts to put the degree marks on.  A screen print of the marks and we can  be making them pretty regularly.

There is someone here in New Orleans I met him a few months ago but can't remember who he is maybe I have his card lost in my truck.

Lynn has a brand new set from the factory. They are well built and should last years. Quite precise and easy to read.

But I suppose that our planes do not get far out of rig easily and there is little need for most owners to but a personal set if you have access to a MSC who has to have a set.

(Ron's price might be for the complete set for all models. A set for a single plane would not require all of them. BIMBW)