Seattle area Mechanic

TB_M20E

Hi everyone,

I just bought my first airplane, a 1971 Mooney M20E and I am looking for a mechanic in the Seattle area.  My plane will be based at Puyallup Thun Field.  I am most interested in finding a mechanic that does owner assisted maintenance, but am open to all referrals.  Can anyone help me out in finding a great mechanic??

Thanks!

Tyler B

Tyler,

I'm based just up the valley at Auburn (and I live 3 miles as the crow flies from Thun).  We have Mike Boatz do all our work.  I don't know if he does owner assisted or not since we are lazy and just let him do all the work.  There are a couple other mechanics based at Auburn that also work on Mooneys.  And there are two shops right there at PLU that you might check with (Spanaflight and Spencer).  I don't know if they do many Mooneys or not.

PM me if you want Mike's contact information.

Bob

• 7 months later...
On 1/13/2017 at 1:11 PM, TB_M20E said:

Hi everyone,

I just bought my first airplane, a 1971 Mooney M20E and I am looking for a mechanic in the Seattle area.  My plane will be based at Puyallup Thun Field.  I am most interested in finding a mechanic that does owner assisted maintenance, but am open to all referrals.  Can anyone help me out in finding a great mechanic??

Thanks!

Tyler B

Hi Tyler,

Just sent you a message, when I bought my MooneyI it was based out of Thun, I sent you the info on the mechanic who assisted the previous owner with his annuals.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a couple MSCs in the area that are probably worth establishing a relationship with. I've heard good things about Command at BLI but haven't had occasion to have service done in Washington yet even though I'm based at AWO. If you aren't on FATPNW in Facebook there are a lot of Mooney owners in the PNW on there.