Mooney Yoke emblem

• 2 weeks later...

i finally cut mine out.

I sent the rest off to you guys today.  Picking up another batch this week for the rest to send out.  been busy with not working :P

I did one with a jig saw an 32TPI blade.  Leaves a rough edge to be buffed/filed down.  Did one with metal shears, kind of curls the emblem some.  probably still usable.  Before I permanently mount it I think ill wait and see what you guys come up with and then send an extra plate to the guy with best one to cut out for me!!

good luck and post your pics!

20170307_160959.jpg

20170307_163146.jpg

• Like 2

If you want to have fun.  Make two templates out of Ply wood or pressboard. put the aluminum between the two haves.  Then use a router with a laminate flush cut bit to make a precision cut out.   you could put several into the "press" and cut them all at once.

• Like 3

Here you go Turtle as promised finished installation and how to cut. 

1 Score outline with razor knife. 2 Snap on scored edge and file smooth with jewelers file. 3 Tape logo to any convenient place and pour jewelry casting epoxy sold at Hobby Lobby or similar craft outlet, let set for a couple of days. 4 install on yoke wit  clear RTV sealant and gloat...

Thanks Turtle great engravings. 

20170314_194915 (1).jpg

20170314_194923.jpg

20170314_195131 (1).jpg

20170316_195911 (1).jpg

20170316_195952 (1).jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, acdc said:

Here you go Turtle as promised finished installation and how to cut. 

1 Score outline with razor knife. 2 Snap on scored edge and file smooth with jewelers file. 3 Tape logo to any convenient place and pour jewelry casting epoxy sold at Hobby Lobby or similar craft outlet, let set for a couple of days. 4 install on yoke wit  clear RTV sealant and gloat...

Thanks Turtle great engravings. 

20170314_194915 (1).jpg

20170314_194923.jpg

20170314_195131 (1).jpg

20170316_195911 (1).jpg

20170316_195952 (1).jpg

That looks really good.  Scoring!!  I messed one up using pencil and then have to rub off the graphite.

Epoxy is also a great idea!

Glad it worked out

Hello Bob, Yes I had them powder coated after stripping down sand blasted and hand sanded smooth. Reassembled with next size taper pin and reinforced control shaft with internal brass busing epoxied in place and assembled wet. It will take another 49 years or so for the yokes to loosen again. There is a Mooney service bulletin on the subject I just went an extra bit. I signed it off in my maintenance logs I am an A&P, IA, Avionics person. ( Now if I can quit working on the aircraft maybe I can fly more often)... 

Edited by acdc
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
17 minutes ago, FBV said:

Anybody have a spare one of these they would sell me? I need one and would prefer not to start from scratch again. If so, please PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i still  have a few.  Send me your address Ill ship you one.  Ill charge you for the shipping which for the others was between $5 and $9 depending on if I had to buy a padded envelope at the post office ;)

• 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, M20C_AV8R said:

Turtle, I like the one I got from you, appreciate you making these possible to get. I was wondering have you ever considered using the same triangle shape but using the modern logo? 

nope.  Old mooney means old logo ;)  

I can do what ever though.  Just need the vector art with a the negative print.

edit...  I just talked to my guy.  His engravers are running full speed right now so he's doing me a big favor and squeezing in a few plates for me so I wont have time until probably after xmas when it slows down for him to work on testing a new style logo.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hot off the presses.  Just picked them up today.  Im heading out of town for 2 weeks so anybody that wants one send me a PM with your address.  They will be $20 shipped each.  Thats per emblem not per plate.  You are going to get one of the plates cut in half.  The emblem will need to be cut out of that.

paypal is solohelp@gmail.com

Due to some scumbaggery on mooneyspace they will need to be prepaid.

20181019_175414.jpg

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, TheTurtle said:

Hot off the presses.  Just picked them up today.  Im heading out of town for 2 weeks so anybody that wants one send me a PM with your address.  They will be $20 shipped each.  Thats per emblem not per plate.  You are going to get one of the plates cut in half.  The emblem will need to be cut out of that.

paypal is solohelp@gmail.com

Due to some scumbaggery on mooneyspace they will need to be prepaid.

20181019_175414.jpg

Do you have the other type (kind rectangular) emblem? Does anyone know how to find it? I'm missing one...

• 4 years later...