Eddy Current Inspection

The guy people Ive talked to at SNA use AeroHoff out of Oceanside.  But he charges a 4 hour min plus mileage.  Seems excessive to me.  My spinner is off already and the job is quick...

So that said anybody around SNA need an Eddy soon?  Wanna split the minimums/mileage with me?

26 minutes ago, mooniac15u said:

What hourly rate are you paying for the 4 hours?

all in with the mileage he also charges its going to be 427 or something.  I had half a mind to airplane repo it and fly it out to another airport and have it done.  I think theres a guy at cable or chino that does it for cheap.  But My IA is in the next hangar over and I think wouldnt be pleased with me ;)  besides I now have a cracked exhaust pipe at the FAA certified rape your butt welding shop so the old girl aint going anywhere soon.  Gives me time to paint the yokes and tape the ceiling and fix the rheostat. 

Edited by TheTurtle
  • Like 1

Just now, bonal said:

At least it's an hourly inspection so if it's not spinning you don't run out of time. Golden state charged like 140 dollars. Last year did you give them a call?

I cant get it there legally; after logbook inspection it looks like its 20 hours past, and havent found anybody else mobile.  Its scheduled for tomorrow morning so its a done deal now. 

8 minutes ago, TheTurtle said:

I cant get it there legally; after logbook inspection it looks like its 20 hours past, and havent found anybody else mobile.  Its scheduled for tomorrow morning so its a done deal now. 

Isn't that what a ferry permit is for???

• Like 1

Just now, jonhop said:

Isn't that what a ferry permit is for???

probably yea.  too much working against it to save a couple hundred bucks though.  Never done the process so not sure what it takes.  Weekend coming up and the govt wont be open anyway.  The guy that is coming is going to hawaii next week so if I dont get him tomorrow it will be another week im down assuming i dont find somebody else.

oh well im just bitching.  Im thankful we didnt find anything major during the annual, and now my logbooks will be up to spec and I can keep better track of ADs.  There were a couple tach changes over the years and the hours dont seem to match up well but thats sorted out now.

• Like 1