Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cody12

3 wounded and one dead in plane crash on remote Queensland beach

7 posts in this topic

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Ouch! - that kind of damage doesn't look like damage from an e-landing  but a stall spin coming in very steeply. The one picture of the prop looks pretty pristine too so could have been an e-landing attempt gone very bad that ended in a stall/spin.  Interesting adventure tour company airplane - http://www.1770castaway.com.au/  Apparently their C172(s) are operated by commercial pilot(s) to take their clients on a 15 min flight to an island national park where they stay 2 to 3 nights like "castaways" or "survivor's".

Straight in on gear and nose,bent prop ,no power on s- bending...portion of Beach didn't look inviting....pilot trying to extend glide for a no damage touch down.

..sad...I don't think the primitive camping as shown in the pics with no obvious showers is my idea of vacation.My be a place to take a perspective spouse to see how much of a trouper she was before marriage

1 person likes this

Hate to see that!

It's interesting that their "Criminal Investigative Branch" seems to be a major part of the accident investigation. Glad it doesn't work that way here!

I glanced at the headline and assumed "three wounded" meant "shot" or "stabbed"...my American perceptions...

It would have read "Fatal plane crash" in the US/Canada news or "Three injured, one dead..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The folks down in Oz talk funny. 

I'm glad i'm flying in a steel cage

1 person likes this