Concorde RG24-15 battery

Cruiser

The RG24-15 is a Concorde® Platinum Series® Aircraft Battery. The Platinum Series® is comprised of premium hand made AGM Aircraft Batteries with excess power for many applications. 

This 2010 - 24V battery maintained on a BatteryMinder 24/7. Guaranteed to be fully functional, passes all BatterMinder Model 128CEC1 internal testing.

Approved for all Mooney models using 24V systems.

$299 plus shipping

I've got two brand new batteries from Concorde sitting in my hangar. Neither one fits my M20K 252. Today Concord tells me the only battery that will fit my plane is not on the STC and will require a field approval. They're shipping it to me anyway... the third try.

So I'm curious what Mooney this battery fits?

19 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

This RG24-15 is one of the two batteries Concord sent me. I haven't seen it, but JD at Southwest Texas Aviation tried to install it in my K but says it wouldn't fit. Even though Concord says it should.

I have the RG24-15 installed in my 252. It one of the two Concordes listed as approved by Mooney in the TCDS - so no STC paperwork needed. It fits fine in the battery box except for the cover. The cover has some square Al Channels riveted to the top of the box. These need to be removed or narrowed/flattened since the Concorde battery manifold is higher. Not a big deal but requires a bit of effort and is normal for a first time install going from the Gill to the Concorde.

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kortopates said:

I have the RG24-15 installed in my 252. It one of the two Concordes listed as approved by Mooney in the TCDS - so not STC paperwork needed. It fits fine in the battery box except for the cover. The cover has some square Al Channels riveted to the top of the box. These need to be removed or narrowed/flattened since the Concorde battery manifold is higher. Not a big deal but requires a bit of effort and is normal for a first time install going from the Gill to the Concorde.

Perfect, Thanks!!

1 minute ago, carusoam said:

Is JD having difficulty with the battery board to slide the battery into the tail?

It may be some real Mooney specific knowledge for the 252.

Best regards,

-a-

No, in the 252, the battery box is just inside the avionics bay panel. It's not further down the tail like in the long bodies.  It's just that as Paul said, the lid to the battery box won't fit down over the Concord battery. Evidently the lid has to be modified.

That's  maybe because the Long Body does not have a lid for the battery box.  The battery is it's own battery box.  With the sealed battery the top of the battery under the lid is probably just a vent.  

The wet batteries had the valves hiding under the batteries' cover.

I am hoping this comes across as helpful, but I'm not even sure I understand what I wrote...:)

essentially the LBs don't actualy have a battery box.  Just a platform and two threaded rods. The cross bar that holds the battery in place comes with the battery,

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 1/10/2017 at 9:30 PM, kortopates said:

I have the RG24-15 installed in my 252. It one of the two Concordes listed as approved by Mooney in the TCDS - so no STC paperwork needed. It fits fine in the battery box except for the cover. The cover has some square Al Channels riveted to the top of the box. These need to be removed or narrowed/flattened since the Concorde battery manifold is higher. Not a big deal but requires a bit of effort and is normal for a first time install going from the Gill to the Concorde.

I know its long shot being how long ago this was posted but do you have any pictures?