A new look for N10933

aviatoreb

13 hours ago, jlunseth said:

I ran into Erik on the tarmac this weekend and introduced myself.  Actually, it was more like an "icemac" and so cold we did not talk very long.  That four blade is what caught my eye and I am here to tell you the interior is really primo!

I didn't notice - was it chilly?

13 hours ago, yvesg said:

Hope to go see you soon Erik. You came to Gatineau, my turn to go to your airport. BTW the ice fly-in is cancelled this year. The organizer needs heart surgery. 

Yves

I would love that Yve.

ugh I hope the organizer has a good outcome.

Edited by aviatoreb

25 minutes ago, Skmoore63 said:

Wow, gorgeous interior all the way around. Interesting to hear your turbo later model Mooney is cold, my 65 C is a trip. My feet roast, my right side is frozen, my right shoulder is about right, and there is a cold draft keep my ears nippy. I was hoping newer models had a better heat flow! I look forward to seeing the paint!

Thanks - I visited the hangar today - and poked my head in again and took a big whiff of that new car smell!  Weepnomore reseal and new interior is a good combo.

I generally feel I had decent heat in the zero range, in the minus ten range, but when it was -30 well, after 4 hours of just sitting there, I got ...cooooooold.  -30 just was too much for the heater to keep up with.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yvesg said:

Erik, when is it going for the paint job?

Yves

It goes in "at the beginning of Feb" meaning 1st week. I'm going to J&M painting in Middlebury VT.  They said "about 4 weeks".  So how about you come by near the beginning of March right after I get my plane back?

5 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

It goes in "at the beginning of Feb" meaning 1st week. I'm going to J&M painting in Middlebury VT.  They said "about 4 weeks".  So how about you come by near the beginning of March right after I get my plane back?

Mine will be gone the same dates as yours for annual. The first week of March I'll be working on my tan in Cayo Largo, Cuba. As soon as I have a chance when I am back... I'll come over the border to see you and your freshly painted bird.

Yves

13 hours ago, yvesg said:

Mine will be gone the same dates as yours for annual. The first week of March I'll be working on my tan in Cayo Largo, Cuba. As soon as I have a chance when I am back... I'll come over the border to see you and your freshly painted bird.

Yves

Cuba?!!!  Cool.

Perfect - so right around when you get back...  :-)

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

Im with you on that, i keep getting asked to show, but i wont.  its top secret, eyes only.

Thanks dude - yer in the "circle of trust."

It's a surprise for everyone else...  for a little excitement and surprise unveiling in March... :-)  

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

Thanks dude - yer in the "circle of trust."

It's a surprise for everyone else...  for a little excitement and surprise unveiling in March... :-)  

I've no doubt both will look fantastic (to the American) brilliant for the Brit...But, if you muck it up the whole gallery will be "off with their heads"

1 hour ago, bonal said:

I've no doubt both will look fantastic (to the American) brilliant for the Brit...But, if you muck it up the whole gallery will be "off with their heads"

Well - I have something in mind I have never seen on a Mooney before.  Either it will be really great - and unique.  Or it will be really bad - but unique.  Go big or stay home.

7 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

There is that I suppose. The way I feel at the moment with the bloody cold, cough thing that I have now caught along with the rest of the UK, it would be a relief.  I've had it upto here with illnesses over the past two months. 

Oh and it's "stupendous" for the Brit. ;)

Are you sure?  I thought it was "brilliant".  Are you sure you are English?  I mean just because we met at a "Proper Hanburger" place near South Kensington tube in London, and you talked with a proper funny accent...doesn't prove anything.

8 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Careful, careful.  Now as i am English AND i can trace my ancestry all the way back to 1033 and it has no foreign influence, i will educate my sweet American cousin in the nuances of the English Language.  English, unlike most languages, has 15 adjectives when one would do.  On the long boat journey cross the Atlantic, most of you forgot nearly all of those adjectives and the ones you did remember you forgot how to spell!  So Stupendous also means Brilliant, but unlike Brilliant it does not mean bright and sparkly, it means causing astonishment or wonder : awesome, marvelous. 2 : of amazing size or greatness : tremendous.

I think that sums up AL :)

Oh and dont have a bitch fight with a queen, you,will lose. ;)  

....I love when I see in London a restaurant that says "Proper American Hamburger".  It is such a lovely mixture of cultures.  Hamburgers of course are the quintessential "American" delicacy.  But the word "Hamburger" is of course named for the city in Germany.  A little bit like the way we say French Fries - what we think is the American food that goes with hamburgers.  (Need ketchup too).  And Proper is of course the typical English way of saying "done right" or "authentic" - so the English showing off in an English way an American (German) food joint.  So at least 3 cultures mixed into one.

Meanwhile, I am like most Americans.  I don't come from England nor do my ancestors.  All of my grandparents came from Russia during WWI - which was a good last moment to leave Russia before the Soviets moved in.

I don't know much about my history before the generation before my grandparents.

1033 - now that is impressive.  Did they have Proper Hamburger restaurants back then? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

There is that I suppose. The way I feel at the moment with the bloody cold, cough thing that I have now caught along with the rest of the UK, it would be a relief.  I've had it upto here with illnesses over the past two months. 

Oh and it's "stupendous" for the Brit. ;)

I know what you mean caught a bloody terrible cold myself. first time been sick in countless years.  dont want to argue the english language especially with one who never left the island our line goes back to the 11th century

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, aviatoreb said:

Thanks - I visited the hangar today - and poked my head in again and took a big whiff of that new car smell!  Weepnomore reseal and new interior is a good combo.

I generally feel I had decent heat in the zero range, in the minus ten range, but when it was -30 well, after 4 hours of just sitting there, I got ...cooooooold.  -30 just was too much for the heater to keep up with.

I flew back once from Williston ND to Flying Cloud during the winter.  It was -56 at altitude.  My heater is usually pretty good, but it did not keep the interior above freezing.  All the windows were completely frosted over except a tiny hole in the frost on the windshield in front of me until we started the descent.  We did not have to tolerate it long though, the normally 3 hour trip from Williston was under an hour and a half with hellacious winds aloft, that's why we were there.  I have flown quite a bit in the subzero weather at altitude, the footwells do get cold because they are forward of the heat outlet, and sometimes it is a good idea to have a jacket on.  That's with heat output so high that the fuel switch on the floor in front of the vent gets too hot to touch.  Plenty of heat, just plenty more cold.

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Are you sure?  I thought it was "brilliant".  Are you sure you are English?  I mean just because we met at a "Proper Hanburger" place near South Kensington tube in London, and you talked with a proper funny accent...doesn't prove anything.

He talked with a proper funny accent when I met him in Florida, too . . . which also proves nothing.

But I'm waiting with bated breath to see both paint jobs. I'm guessing they are not only new schemes but new colors, too. And Eric, while I can't take credit for my own paint job (done two owners ago), it's nice having a non-traditional design.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 4:42 PM, aviatoreb said:

Eh once you start spending too much money..........

Beautiful interior work.  Where is that shop located?  Do they do Lancairs?

On another issue I am really CONFUSED.  You're a college professor, heritage from Russia, and you talk like a Canadian or a Yooper?  What's with that?  Eh.....

Tom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Well - my grandma was Russian, and she did make a mean Polonium 210 tea.  And some pretty good blintz's too.

I'm third generation so I don't know how to make Polinium 210 tea.

Wouldn't that be better in an umbrella anyway?

I was just in November iN Rome - and Naples, and in Pompei - no Hamburgers.

>I mist admit you are the first American who has not said to me "ah my ancestors came from England, Scotland, Etc."  

England - Smengland.  Now if I see Mr Putin - I can say - my Grandma came from Russia....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlunseth said:

I flew back once from Williston ND to Flying Cloud during the winter.  It was -56 at altitude.  My heater is usually pretty good, but it did not keep the interior above freezing.  All the windows were completely frosted over except a tiny hole in the frost on the windshield in front of me until we started the descent.  We did not have to tolerate it long though, the normally 3 hour trip from Williston was under an hour and a half with hellacious winds aloft, that's why we were there.  I have flown quite a bit in the subzero weather at altitude, the footwells do get cold because they are forward of the heat outlet, and sometimes it is a good idea to have a jacket on.  That's with heat output so high that the fuel switch on the floor in front of the vent gets too hot to touch.  Plenty of heat, just plenty more cold.

-56 - now that is COLD.  I might be a whimp but I was cold for 4.5 hrs sitting there in whatever the cabin temp was but oat -30ish.  I feel that my plane also has a super heater, ...for warmer temps like -10.

At -30ish, my windows frost from the inside due to my breath freezing, but not all the way.

I have some thick leather and fleece booties I wear for flying when it is arctic.

Do you or anyone you know use products in your fuel to prevent ice crystals blocking fuel?  I have been doing so for 3 years.  I have been using the avgas version of prist but I read that aviation-pure isopropyl is cheaper and easier to use.  I think this one deserves a new thread.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

He talked with a proper funny accent when I met him in Florida, too . . . which also proves nothing.

But I'm waiting with bated breath to see both paint jobs. I'm guessing they are not only new schemes but new colors, too. And Eric, while I can't take credit for my own paint job (done two owners ago), it's nice having a non-traditional design.

I think he's an imposter English guy.  He says 1033 to compensate.  I bet he was born and raised in Sarasota Springs, FL.