Fly-In Sat 1/14 - Leesburg (LEE)

fantom

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had great weather for our last event and 7 Mooneys and 1 Beechcraft Skipper brought 16 people together at Punta Gorda to visit, eat, and have a great excuse to fly our airplanes.

Our next event will be this Saturday, January 14 at Leesburg (LEE).  Since there is no restaurant at the airport, EAA Chapter 534 is going to cook hamburgers and hot dogs for us.  After lunch we will car pool (weather permitting) to our house and run model trains in the back yard.  We have 1,000 feet of G-guage track in 4 loops and will probably have 6 or 8 trains running.  It is about a 20 minute car ride from the Leesburg airport.

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes  of various reasons.

Future Schedule

January 14, Leesburg (LEE)  EAA Chapter 534 will cook hamburgers and hot dogs for us at their hanger.  Then after lunch we will drive anyone interested to our house to see
   Ruth’s garden railroad with 1,000 feet of G gauge track in four loops.  Weather permitting we will probably have 6 or 8 trains running.
February 11, Bartow (BOW)
March 11, Fort Pierce (FPR)
April 8, New Smyrna Beach (EVB)
May 13, Flagler (FIN)
June 10, Sebring (SEF)
July 8, Williston (X60)
August 12, Lake Wales (X07)
September 9, Lakeland (LAL)
October 14, Flagler (FIN)
November 11, Vero Beach (VRB)
December 9, Punta Gorda (PGD)

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail me by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth

There's a nice write up in today's General Aviation News about the luncheon here: http://generalaviationnews.com/2017/01/22/mooney-owners-flock-to-leesburg-airport/?utm_source=The+Pulse+Subscribers&utm_campaign=aee1dececb-TPOA_20170123&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_62525a9780-aee1dececb-22338

We also thank EAA Chapter 534 for hosting us at a fun event!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deb said:

There's a nice write up in today's General Aviation News about the luncheon here: http://generalaviationnews.com/2017/01/22/mooney-owners-flock-to-leesburg-airport/?utm_source=The+Pulse+Subscribers&utm_campaign=aee1dececb-TPOA_20170123&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_62525a9780-aee1dececb-22338

We also thank EAA Chapter 534 for hosting us at a fun event!

The article stated that Mooney's came from as far away as Georgia. Well, I saw one from the great white north with a big "C" where the N is supposed to be. Cyril and his lovely wife showed up a tad late, but they were there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

That meet up looks really fun guys, how do the partners cope with all the "plane" talk.  I know mine would possibly find it a tad boring and moan at me on the way home.  

Mine loves flying as much as I do. She is a great copilot. Reminding me about the fuel pump, GUMPS check, etc.

13151994_10154189598014640_4824293084327

• Like 1

Just now, Hyett6420 said:

that's great.  do you have the habit of forgetting to turn the fuel pump off passing 1k like I do then?  Andrew is always reminding me about it.  Once he even subtly pointed out the gear lever to me when I couldn't work out why we were not climbing like a home sick angel!  but as he says, "its all plane talk and that gets boring sometimes  :) sort of like interior design talk!

yep! I havent forgot the gear yet, its too big a handle to miss lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

that's great.  do you have the habit of forgetting to turn the fuel pump off passing 1k like I do then?  Andrew is always reminding me about it.  Once he even subtly pointed out the gear lever to me when I couldn't work out why we were not climbing like a home sick angel!  but as he says, "its all plane talk and that gets boring sometimes  :) sort of like interior design talk!

...And how about the cowl flaps. I know I've forgotten them a time or two.

• Like 1