Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fantom

Fly-In Sat 1/14 - Leesburg (LEE)

6 posts in this topic

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had great weather for our last event and 7 Mooneys and 1 Beechcraft Skipper brought 16 people together at Punta Gorda to visit, eat, and have a great excuse to fly our airplanes.

Our next event will be this Saturday, January 14 at Leesburg (LEE).  Since there is no restaurant at the airport, EAA Chapter 534 is going to cook hamburgers and hot dogs for us.  After lunch we will car pool (weather permitting) to our house and run model trains in the back yard.  We have 1,000 feet of G-guage track in 4 loops and will probably have 6 or 8 trains running.  It is about a 20 minute car ride from the Leesburg airport.

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes  of various reasons.

Future Schedule

January 14, Leesburg (LEE)  EAA Chapter 534 will cook hamburgers and hot dogs for us at their hanger.  Then after lunch we will drive anyone interested to our house to see
   Ruth’s garden railroad with 1,000 feet of G gauge track in four loops.  Weather permitting we will probably have 6 or 8 trains running.
February 11, Bartow (BOW)
March 11, Fort Pierce (FPR)
April 8, New Smyrna Beach (EVB)
May 13, Flagler (FIN)
June 10, Sebring (SEF)
July 8, Williston (X60)
August 12, Lake Wales (X07)
September 9, Lakeland (LAL)
October 14, Flagler (FIN)
November 11, Vero Beach (VRB)
December 9, Punta Gorda (PGD)

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail me by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

For KLEE tomorrow, where do we park?  EAA hangar? Any more details?

I really, really, really want to go, but I'm working right now 6pm-6am and if I fly down there, I wont get ANY sleep before work, so I think I'm going to skip it.

12 hours ago, Cyril Gibb said:

For KLEE tomorrow, where do we park?  EAA hangar? Any more details?

The EAA hanger area should work. Good luck!

This is a belated "Thank You" to the EAA chapter 534 and Ruth and Dave. Excellent hamburger, great time and if you haven't seen Ruth's railroad, you must put it on the bucket list.