RAM mount for 1967 M20F centre windshield post

hi, any recommendations for the best way to attach an Iphone or Ipad to the centre post on the two piece windshields on 1967 M20F ? ideally a Ram small ball mount so I can easily reconfigure it for an ipad iphone or garmin.

happy new year to all

I have a 496 on a ram mount on the center post. It's attached with their u collar threaded clamp. 2 cap nuts secure the mount to the post. Then about a 4 in ram arm with the stock 496 mount attaching to a ball mount. It interferes with some of the compass functions. (However I have the 201 panel and windscreen).

I also modified the 796 yoke mount to work with an otter box case for my I phone 5. Not shown. 

Both offer more SA than a Collins PL21 system in a jet.

-Matt

image.jpeg

hi, any recommendations for the best way to attach an Iphone or Ipad to the centre post on the two piece windshields on 1967 M20F ? ideally a Ram small ball mount so I can easily reconfigure it for an ipad iphone or garmin.
happy new year to all

I think your 67 has that flat channel that covers the center post. Another 67 owner from my airport and I tried to figure out how to mount it. He eventually resorted to a yoke mount because all of the RAM mounts he looked at would constitute a permanent mount (he was worried about drilling through the channel).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I think your 67 has that flat channel that covers the center post. Another 67 owner from my airport and I tried to figure out how to mount it. He eventually resorted to a yoke mount because all of the RAM mounts he looked at would constitute a permanent mount (he was worried about drilling through the channel).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes I have the thicker rectangular pillar and want to achieve something like mb65e has done. Looks like the ram window edge mount ram 177 or tough claw might domthe trick, I ll measure the width of the pillar next week when I am back in the hangar.

image.jpeg

I don't remember the dimensions of the channel so can't verify if this one would work.  The dimensions are listed on the website, so a quick measurement would be needed before buying.  It's designed for mounting on a glareshield, but should work when positioned vertically. 

http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-177U

Cheers,

Brian

I'm curious to if a clamp mount would work on the center plastic piece if you utilize industrial grade adhesive tape between the clamp teeth and the plastic. I think 3M/Scotch makes a gel-like tape that survives extreme temperatures. Definitely not a permanent installation.