Appologies

To all of my friends here on Mooneyspace,

I'd like to offer my sincere appologies for my part in the turn of the "Fatalities" thread started by Amillet.  We should be taking lessons from this tragedy, which is how it started out.  Instead it has turned into a pissing contest about who can read the regs better for which I'm truly embarrassed. 

I've asked the moderators to delete the thread in its entrirety, I hope they will.

Regards,

Clarence

No worries Clarence. It's all good. I blame that thread going sideways on extended LOP operations by some folks here. Just my opinion, not an expert, just PPL, no AP, and I occasionally do not use flaps either, no glass panel, round gauges rule, iPad user, paper is for old people, centrist republican, and if I have not offended someone yet I'll buy you a beer at SnF or Oshkosh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Hector said:

No worries Clarence. It's all good. I blame that thread going sideways on extended LOP operations by some folks here. Just my opinion, not an expert, just PPL, no AP, and I occasionally do not use flaps either, no glass panel, round gauges rule, iPad user, paper is for old people, centrist republican, and if I have not offended someone yet I'll by you a beer at SnF or Oshkosh emoji3.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Hector,

I intend to be at both SnF and Oshkosh, we could tip a few.

Clarence

Clarence, I'll echo Anthony's ( and the others') comments. 

Humility can be in short supply on this board, and you starting this post shows that you have it and aren't above recognizing what went well and what didn't go so well.

You have made many valuable contributions to the discussions here and have served the Mooney community faithfully. We'll remember those contributions long after we have forgotten about one thread having gone sideways.

Best,

Robert

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I like to think I know the "Doc" reasonably well and so I was surprised to see the title of this post..... what did Clarence do and how come I missed it?!  

Anyway, having now read the original thread I wanted to come back to this one and simply say thank you to Clarence.  Having suffered from the occasional case of hit-send-too-quick-itus in the past myself, I think reaching out to the Mooneyspace community in the way he has here is commendable. As others have noted, humility is an admirable but seemingly rare quality these days.  

Wishing everybody happy and safe flying in 2017,

Grant