Clarity Aloft Users

Marauder

5 hours ago, 1964-M20E said:

I tried Halo's site and they appear to be backed up in production or not making them anymore I'm not sure.  I was looking for a set of Halo's for my wife.

I know recent past there were some changes in ownership or something like that.

You can send him a PM here on the site. I did that and he got back to me letting me know that he could put me on the waiting list. I think it was about a month later that I got an email from him letting me know there were some available and to go to his site to order them. I did so right away and had them soon after that. I really like them.

I have the CA, and I had the ear piece come off in the my ear once.  After that, I learned to twist them tight before inserting them each time I use them.  I really like the CA's, particularly here in Florida, because they are much cooler.  Never tried the Halo's so cannot compare them. 

• Like 1

I've had the Clarity for a couple years and the jury is still out with me. They seem to be quite a bit louder than my Lightspeed and the sound quality isn't as good. Haven't tried the Halos. I go back and forth between the CA and the Lightspeed but still lean towards the Lightspeed.

• Like 1

I've had the Clarity for a couple years and the jury is still out with me. They seem to be quite a bit louder than my Lightspeed and the sound quality isn't as good. Haven't tried the Halos. I go back and forth between the CA and the Lightspeed but still lean towards the Lightspeed.

That is my experience as well. Hoping it was a poor user installation error. Will know more this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11 minutes ago, Marauder said:

That is my experience as well. Hoping it was a poor user installation error. Will know more this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris,

What type of headsets do you put on the 'girls' when they go flying with you? I would imagine some of these smaller devices would not be up to the job!

I've had Halos since before OSH last year. Try as I will, I can't seem to fall in love with them. Quiet enough, I guess, but can't get a comfortable ear bud. Also the side tone is not great. Makes me think my transmissions sound crumby, but no complaints from the ground. I keep reaching for the Bose and Lightspeeds. But I haven't given up . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDPetersen said:

I've had Halos since before OSH last year. Try as I will, I can't seem to fall in love with them. Quiet enough, I guess, but can't get a comfortable ear bud. Also the side tone is not great. Makes me think my transmissions sound crumby, but no complaints from the ground. I keep reaching for the Bose and Lightspeeds. But I haven't given up . . .

If you ever decide to sell them, let me know.  Being in the military for 23 years, I'm very comfortable with the simple yellow foam inserts.  ;)

Thanks!

Brian

3 hours ago, flight2000 said:

If you ever decide to sell them, let me know.  Being in the military for 23 years, I'm very comfortable with the simple yellow foam inserts.  ;)

Thanks!

Brian

You should both try the included silicone tips (Halos). They are good enough I gave away all of the foamies . .

22 minutes ago, Hank said:

You should both try the included silicone tips (Halos). They are good enough I gave away all of the foamies . .

Might try them tomorrow if I can get the plane out of the hangar with all the snow we got last night.  One of the drawbacks of the foam version is they aren't as pliable when it's really cold in the hangar and you have to warm them up before putting them in. 

Cheers,

Brian

26 minutes ago, Hank said:

I agree, once I tried the silicone tips I never wanted to go back to the others. They are very easy to put in your ear (watch the video on the site and follow their directions for best insertion) and they block sound very well. The foam ones would bother me sometimes if I had them in just a little too far and adjusting them was a no go while flying. With the silicone ones I can easily pull them out a little or push them in a little more if there's not enough sound being blocked.

Might try them tomorrow if I can get the plane out of the hangar with all the snow we got last night.  One of the drawbacks of the foam version is they aren't as pliable when it's really cold in the hangar and you have to warm them up before putting them in. 
Cheers,
Brian

Brian - Phil introduced a new set of black buds a couple of years ago. I switched over to them and found they are awesome.

http://www.quiettechnologies.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_60_61&product_id=53

2d615af21d51a8f6156c90bcca0bd1bb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk