2016 Totals & Accomplishments!

Seth

Hours Total 2016   

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many loggable hours did you fly in 2016?

• 1-49
    • 50-99
    • 100-199
    • 200-349
    • 350+
  2. 2. Did you have an aviation or personal milestone? Please share in the comments below!

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How many loggable hours do you plan to fly in 2017

• 1-49
    • 50-99
    • 100-199
    • 200-349
    • 350+

Happy new year!  

What were your total hours flown in 2016.

Any special aviation milestones?  A new rating?  A transcontinental flight? A new to you aircraft?  Avionics or air frame upgrade?  Personal family events?  Please share.

Baby #2 is due in April and we learned it'll be a boy.  So our daughter will have a baby brother and with two kids . . . I will fly less!  I made it a point in 2016 to break 100 hours (first time since 2013 - Married 2014, Daughter 2015). I did so:  109.5 hours total in 2016.  I should break 1200 hours this month.

We are very fortunate to be able to fly.  Here's to a great 2017!

-Seth

• Like 1

Started PPL on 5/28/16 and finished on 10/15/16. Complex Endorsement in December. Total hours flown in 2016 (and in my life) 61.8.

Flew my boys and I to AZ in a very slow, rented Cherokee for my dad's 75th birthday and took him and one of my sisters flying. He was 20 years in the Air Force and spent time as an instructor pilot in T-38's, flying C-130's in the Philippines and Taiwan, and then HC-130's in AK back when the Air Force did the Search and Rescue operations up there. It's been on my bucket list to take him on a flight. He's looking forward to getting to fly in the Mooney.

Bought my Mooney on 12/9/16.

Completed a Bachelor's in Accounting.

I could go on and on about family stuff... 2016 was a good year. Expecting grandkids numbers four and five in May-June of this year and looking forward to lots of trips in the Mooney.

• Like 3

Sold my Cherokee in May and purchased my Mooney in May as everything just fell into place (wasn't really explicitly looking to purchase another airplane, was just browsing and came upon this irresistible beauty).

Flew over 900 hours total in 2016 of which 103 was in my M20J since May! I love that bird!

Looking forward to another year filled with blue skies and tailwinds!

• Like 3

2016 was a good year! 

Total flight time: 118.7 hours in N94MR.

Highlights include: Landing at Oshkosh for first time. Flying all over New England with Doug Stewart for recurrent instrument training and IPC.  

Flying to Fogo Island,  Newfoundland --- 

Looking forward to more adventures in 2017.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zwaustin said:

211.6 hours in 2016 along with a high altitude endorsement 

Also got multi instrument and bought a multi, loving it so far but kind of miss the efficiency of the K model already!! 

On to see what '17 brings

What twin did you get?

-Seth

Flew 129.6 hours in 2016

Hope for 150+ hours in 2017

Passed the ASEL Commercial check ride in December.

Sold the Mooney at the end of August... :(

Bought the cough...Bo...cough...4 days later.  ;)

Will move the plane from Reno, NV to Richmond, VA at the end of June.  Moving again... :blink:

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 2

2016 was a great year! 

105.9 hours flown

instrument rating in Feb.

baby girl in Oct. 

commercial rating in Dec. 

in 2017 I plan to do multi instrument/commercial add on, Start flying traffic watch for Clear Channel KNX1070 in the LA area and build some hours. 

Mike

• Like 2

Got my Private in 1985, bought my first Mooney in 1989, sold it and quit flying in 2002.

Started flying again in Oct 2015, bought my second Mooney in Feb 2016, put 70 hrs on last yr and hope for many more this yr.

Pritch

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zwaustin said:

'82 C421c with a partner 

You'll have to let us know what it's like to own.  I'm looking at a well taken care of 414 with Ram engines on it now (and no, I'm not selling the Missile should I move forward). Iit would be a business venture for transportation for a local accounting firm I do a lot of business with but the principal hates driving four hours each way to VA beach every week.  This could also lead to my use of the aircraft in few years a I grow my regional full wealth management / financial advising firm (building out to 150+ advisors under me).  My partner has flown in the Missile but likes the idea of cabin class.  And my wife told me the next airplane needs to be pressurized.  So, this could be it.  It would be owned by a separate entity. 

The Missile will be my just me transportation on shorter flights and backup, and also my "cub."  My wife likes the idea of a my Missile over a 2 seater.  I'll just have to add that as the third aircraft maybe at some point.

-Seth

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flight2000 said:

Flew 129.6 hours in 2016

Hope for 150+ hours in 2017

Passed the ASEL Commercial check ride in December.

Sold the Mooney at the end of August... :(

Bought the cough...Bo...cough...4 days later.  ;)

Will move the plane from Reno, NV to Richmond, VA at the end of June.  Moving again... :blink:

Cheers,

Brian

When you get to Richmond let us know and we'll add you to the mid-Atlantic breakfast flight list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seth said:

When you get to Richmond let us know and we'll add you to the mid-Atlantic breakfast flight list.

Cool, thanks Seth.  Target date to move the plane is June 30, arriving July 1st at KFCI where I'll be based.  We start the drive across the country from Reno on July 14th.  Not looking forward to that 5 day adventure....

Cheers,

Brian

Broke my arm on January 1, so couldn't fly my Cessna 150 until March 6. Flew 2.6 hours and then my air plane was taxied into on March 27. Airplane back up and running on April 15, flew another 15 hours until May 23 when my 150 was taxied into again and totaled.

Found and purchased my Mooney E on June 9 with insurance checkout flight June 18 and put about 48 hours on her this year.

Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Advanced Aero Technologies in Greeley,Co did the work.  Price was just north of 20K but It took a more than a little modification to shoehorn the 750 into the panel.  I also wanted a few other things changed.  It took about three weeks to get the job done.

9 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Journey milestones were

Take other half to South of France in the plane for Easter.

Fly to San Sebastian in Spain for a mates birthday.  (He moved the venue to Vigo two days beforehand so had to fly another 350 miles)

Aircraft milestones were

to get AL into the spray shop.  

Hey, you left out attending Mooney Summit IV in Panama City!  :o

• Like 1