MedXpress Site Down?

Not working in NJ...
maybe they just don't want us to  pursue the class III medical anymore....
Consider it a sign from above.  
Best regards,
-a-

I'd be excited to hear that considering my medical is tomorrow morning. Thanks for checking Anthony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also nothing from TX.
I hope your AME is different from mine. I don't think my guy will do one without a Medexpress filled out. I would call before I went.

Thanks Don. It's still down this morning. I will call before I head out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The FAA online medical certificate application system, MedXPress https://medxpress.faa.gov/medxpress/ is not functioning and the FAA Help Desk is not responding to inquires about it. This precludes pilots from making a new medical application until the system is functioning again. 

AMAS leadership has been in communication with the Federal Air Surgeon who says that they are actively working on the problem, but do not have an estimate as to when it will be resolved. We will be notified as soon as he knows and will disseminate updates as soon as they are available. Key points regarding the current status: 

• Pilots who submitted their applications last week before the MedXPress outage can still have their examinations processed by their AME’s as this is a different system. 
• Pilots cannot use and AME’s may not accept old paper applications for airman medical certification, FAA Form 8500-8 
• Duration of current medical certification cannot be extended as this is set by federal law. 

We will update you promptly with changes in the status of this situation. Please contact AMAS for any specific questions.

47 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Another update. The system came up (for me anyways) around 5:50 PM EST. I did the quickest 8500 entry I ever have done. Good thing I had few doctor visits and nothing to report. Hope it works for the rest of you.

Great.

I hope it keeps going. I hate to think about the poor AMEs who would be unable to earn a living while it was down.