Prop crate for shipping

zerotact

I am needing to make a crate to ship my prop out.   Without me going across town into a cold hangar.   Does anyone have the dementions of a two blade m20j prop.   I know less than 74" diameter.   But what about height and width?   

12 hours ago, thinwing said:

High there...look if you are sending out a prop for overhaul etc...that shop has boxes out the wazoo..typically they send guys around airports within 20 /30 miles for pickup...call the overhaul people

Correct!!!  I called and asked if they wanted it back and they said no, so I asked around and one of the three mechanics on my field gladly took it.

-Seth

On 1/2/2017 at 7:49 PM, zerotact said:

I am needing to make a crate to ship my prop out.   Without me going across town into a cold hangar.   Does anyone have the dementions of a two blade m20j prop.   I know less than 74" diameter.   But what about height and width?   

I'm really thinking we got off tangent here.    I simply asked dementions for a crate.   

In case anyone needs to know in the future...

The prop is aprox 74" long.. with the bolts sticking out of the flange  it is 12 inches high, and aprox 8 inches wide.

I picked up 4  1x12" boards, and cut them off to 78" and made the crate out of that.

I had to drill holes in the bottom  for the bolts in the flange to stick into to gain the 1/2" I needed to get the dome of the hub low enough to not smash into the cover.

My crate yielded internal dementions  @  9 3/4 wide 11 1/4 high and 76 1/2 inches long.

• Like 1